Full-Day Private Tour: Dead Sea and Baptism Site from Amman
Visit the Baptism Site (In Arabic named: El-Maghtas) on the Jordan side of the Jordan River. It is one of the most important recent discoveries in biblical archaeology where John the Baptist lived and Jesus was baptized. The Dead Sea is the first world natural spa and the lowest point on earth. Its calm shining water glowing from its scorching sun is known for the concentration of salt and minerals, which makes it a therapeutic as well as a unique swimming experience not to be missed.
per adult from
5 to 7 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- English speaking driver.
- Transportation (hotel pickup and Drop-off, air-conditioned vehicle, on-board WiFi, Fuel Surcharge)
What's excluded :
- Meals, Gratuities, Local guide at site, Personal Expenses
- Entry Fees to Sites
- Entry/Admission - The Baptism Site Of Jesus Christ
- Entry/Admission - Dead Sea Museum
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Baptism Site Of Jesus Christ, Bethany Jordan
Leave Amman to visit the Baptist site, 55 kilometers away. Visit the baptism site, located on the east side of the Jordanian River, recognized by the Vatican during the visit of John Paul II in 2000 to be the official baptism sight of Jesus Christ and a very important pilgrimage area to visit. This tour is indescribable and related to one’s own faith. Many baptisms and re baptisms can be organized as a symbol of one’s faith. This area is not only associated with Christianity but also related to the three divine religions: Jewish, Christian, and Islam with the ascension of the Prophet Elijah into heaven.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Dead Sea Museum, Dead Sea Parkway, Sweimah 11941 Jordan
You will then head to the lowest point on earth, 400 meters beneath sea level. The Dead Sea is one of the most incredible places in the world. It is known for the Biblical story of the destruction of Sodom and Gomorra, which was turned into salt. The Dead Sea speaks for itself, there are no living fish. It is by far one of Jordan’s most impressive and spectacular places to visit. Its calm shining water glowing from its scorching sun is known for the concentration of salt and minerals, which makes it a therapeutic as well as a unique swimming experience not to be missed!
Once your day tour has finished you will be returned to Amman hotel the same pick-up location.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup Point: Your hotel in AmmanReturn point: Returns to the original departure point
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.