Full-Day Private Royal Heritage Tour to Oplenac With a Winery Visit
Dreams that came true: the legacy of Supreme Leader Karageorge and his grandson king Peter I
This is one of the most popular tours to the south of Belgrade and the 'heart of Serbia' - pleasant region of Sumadija,
For five centuries, Serbs dreamed of Liberty from the Ottomans. One brave man, Karageorge ('George the Black') led them to fulfill this dream in 1804. One century later his grandson became king of Serbia - a visionary who built one of the most impressive Royal Mausoleum - beautiful Church of Saint George.with its must-see mosaics.
This program is designed to be the insight into Serbian Royal heritage and the Dynasty of Karageorgevich.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A Private, full-day trip to Avala Mt. and the Royal Complex at Oplenac Hill
- Service of a licensed, experienced, professional local guide
- Transportation in a comfortable air-conditioned car or minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Saint George Church and Royal Mausoleum Oplenac
What's excluded :
- Traditional lunch with drinks (10-15 EUR per person approx.
- Wine tasting
- Souvenirs and/or other expenses of private nature
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mountain Avala, Belgrade Serbia
Visit to the Monument to the Unknown Hero, well known work of Ivan Meštrović, famous Yugoslav sculptor. It is built on the mountain top (511 m), and offers excellent views of the rolling hills of Šumadija region in central Serbia. Photo stop by one of the landmarks of Belgrade - Avala TV tower, with 204.68 meters it is the tallest structure of all the Balkans and its architectural design makes it unique in the world.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Saint George Church and Royal Mausoleum Oplenac, Topola Serbia
Once fortified residence of Karageorge - brave liberator and establisher of the Royal House of Karadjordjević, today is a Museum of the First Serbian Uprising, with small but very interresting Church of Our Lady from 1813.
Saint George Church - The Royal Mausoleum
Built after WWI by king Peter I Karadjordjević, this monumental yet extraordinary beautiful structure was envisioned to be the Royal Family mausoleum. Seven of the tombs belong to rulers: Supreme Leader Karadjordje, Prince Alexander, King Peter I, King Aleksandar I, Queen Mother Maria, Queen Alexandra and King Peter II.
Built in the tradition of Serbian medieval architecture, the church features must-see mosaics: 725 painted compositions,on which there are 1500 figures. The entire area of the mosaic is 3,500 sq. meters (38,000 sq ft); with 40 million various colored pieces of glass which have 15 thousand of different varieties of color, making the artistic impression most vivid and detailed.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Winery Aleksandrovic, Village of Vinca, Topola 34310 Serbia
• Visit to the Royal Oplenac Winery, or
fifteen minutes drive to the wine cellar of the Aleksandrovic family. They are keepers of the Royal wine-making tradition as some of their wines are made according to royal recipes. Wine tasting and demonstration.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Arandjelovac, Arandjelovac, Central Serbia
Lunch in the nearby town of Arandjelovac in a restaurant with interior decoration fully devoted to the Royal House of Karageorgevich. Dozens of authentic photographs and portraits are displayed. Excellent quality local gastronomy and wines offered.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A maximum of 6 people per booking
- The tour is not wheelchair accessible
- Live commentary is provided in English language by default. Other languages can be arranged upon request.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Pick-up from the hotel is organized 10 minutes before the tour start time - 09:00 am
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.