Full-Day Private Ring of Kerry Tour from Killarney
The Ring of Kerry (or Iveragh Peninsula) is the Kerry tourist trail and part of the mystical and unspoilt region of Ireland that has attracted visitors for hundreds of years. Its spectacular beauty is beyond question. Located in the southwest region of Ireland and part of the 'Wild Atlantic Way,' the drive out along the peninsula is 112 miles (180 kilometers) drive out into the Atlantic on a peninsula. Taking the drive does not disappoint and remains the most famous coastal drive in Ireland.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private vehicle
- Private tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- The Ring of Kerry is without doubt one the most scenic drives in the country. 'The Ring' begins in Killarney a tourist town voted one of the number one destinations to visit in Ireland. You'll head out on a drive from Killarney in a anticlockwise direction. There is an unwritten rule that everyone goes anticlockwise in case of meeting any buses because the roads do get very tight. Along this drive, there are many towns you'll pass through and you may want to stop for a visit. All of the towns have a story to tell and are famed for there color and cleanliness.
The first town on the ring is Killorglin, home to ‘The Puck Fair,’ the oldest pagan festival in Ireland. During the fair, a male goat is hoisted 40 feet up in the air on a platform and he becomes ‘King’ of the town for 3 days and to celebrate everyone goes to drink beer! There is a very good reason for this celebration which you will will learn on this tour. From here, you'll enjoy the drive drive along the Atlantic Ocean coastline and stop for pictures by The River Caragh where you can look out across the ocean to view Dingle Bay. Next, is the town of Cahersiveen, birth place of Daniel O'Connell. Your driver/guide will share information about this important man in Irish history. You'll make your way to the seaside town of Waterville where Charlie Chaplin spent many holidays. At the top of ‘Comnakiste,' you'll enjoy beautiful views across the Beara Peninsula. Driving down into into Sneem, you'll be in ‘the knot’ of the Ring of Kerry. You will drive through the ‘Country Park of Killarney’ and up to ‘Molls Gap’ where you will encounter the ‘Macgillycuddy Reeks’ mountain range and to the left of you rises ‘Carrauntoohil,’ the tallest mountain in Ireland.
Continuing the drive, visit ‘Ladies View,’ named after a visit from Queen Victoria. This is the first time you'll witness the three beautiful Lakes of Killarney. Heading down the winding road through the stunning Country Park, which is both a wooded and rocky terrain, you'll arrive at the end at ‘Torc Waterfall’ nestled in the wood rising to a height of 60 feet (18 meters). At the end of the drive, you will return to Killarney where you can enjoy the rest of your evening.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Your centrally located killarney accommodationDates: DailyReturn point: Your accommodation anywhere in the Munster region
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.