Full-Day Private Kogello Heritage Tour from Kisumu
Visiting Nyangoma Kogelo sub-location, South East Alego location by road you will see the rapid infrastructural developments as you turn off the Bondo Highway into Ndori-Ng’iya road.
First, road contractors were engrossed in tarmacking the dusty Ndori-Ng’iya road that leads to the ‘First’ village compared to most villages countrywide, Nyangoma has water and electricity, a source of pride to the locals.
The former US President once described the homestead as "the small village where my father was born’, a phrase that catapulted the village into the global limelight.
Today, Nyangoma Kogelo is among the must-visit tourist attractions in the western tourist circuit.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Picnic lunch.
- 1ltr of bottled mineral water per person.
- Roundtrip transport in a safari minivan to Kogelo Village
What's excluded :
- Tips and gratuities for your driver/guide
- Personal expenses like communications charges
- Meals, snacks, attractions, and events not included in your itinerary
- Pickups and drop off outside Kisumu City extra cost of US$30
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Nyang'oma Kogelo, Kenya
Depart from Kisumu by car after breakfast with your packed lunches to Kogello Village also known as Nyang’oma. Kogello is a rural village in Alego - Siaya County District, Nyanza Province. Located near the equator, 40 kilometers west-northwest of Kisumu City, and the provincial capital. Kisumu.
You will visit the dispensary, Kogelo market, Senator Barack Obama primary and secondary Schools, then Sarah Obama’s home - the ancestral home of Barack Obama Sr., the father of former US President Barack Obama. Barack Obama Sr. was buried in the village.
Picnic lunch at your convenient time and then leisure afternoon before starting return journey back to Kisumu to end your tour.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Aquapet Mega City Mall, Kisumu, Kenya
Traveler pickup is offered
Pickups and drop off outside Kisumu City at US$30.Airports
- Jomo Kenyatta Intl Airport, Nairobi Kenya
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.