Full Day Private Constantia Wine Tour
Constantia is the birthplace of the wine farming industry in South Africa. Located just 20 minutes outside of Cape Town’s city bowl, it is breathtakingly beautiful, with vineyard rows that stretch up the eastern slopes of the Constantiaberg mountainside. As you drive through this historical valley, it becomes apparent why the first Governor of the Cape, Simon van der Stel, chose this situation for his farm, Constantia. The route is an easy day trip and the farms provide quality restaurants for lunches and tea.
per adult from
8 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Landing and facility fees
- Entry/Admission - Groot Constantia
- Entry/Admission - Constantia Uitsig Wine Estate
- Entry/Admission - Steenberg Vineyards
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Groot Constantia Estate Groot Constantia Road, Constantia 7806 South Africa
The Estate has won numerous awards for its wines, and has done so consistently. Explore the heritage-rich core of the Constantia winelands by visiting the original Cape Dutch Manor House, visit the famed Cloete Cellar: the birthplace of Grand Constance, see the wine museum and cultural history museum, be inspired by South African Art and wine tasting as well as a wine & chocolate pairing experience.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Constantia Uitsig Wine Estate, 26 Klein Constantia Road, Constantia 7806 South Africa
Continue to Constantia Uitsig with its roots that extend back to 1685. The farm is an unparalleled haven for all who work and play here. Enjoy some time to explore the new Heritage Market and various other spaces on the farm, such as the wine shop, the bike park and the Open Door Restaurant where lunch would be enjoyed. This estate has something on offer for the whole family.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Steenberg Vineyards, Steenberg Road Steenberg Estate, Constantia 7945 South Africa
End the day with a visit to Steenberg Estate with its state-of-the-art cellar, completed in 1996. With the capacity to produce around 70,000 cases, the cellar also boasts a unique vinoteque. Enjoy a wine tasting here before travelling via Ou Kaapse Weg and the Atlantic Seaboard back to the city.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town, 1 Lower Buitengracht, Cape Town City Centre, Cape Town, 8001, South Africa
Traveler pickup is offered
An accurate collection time will be communicated to your hotel the day prior to departure.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.