Full Day - Mountain Bike in the Andes
"Pampa de Canota" is one of the most beautiful places to practice Mountain Bike in Mendoza. Still, it's a place difficult to arrive. The landscape is enormous and also dangerous if you don't know the place because there are no towns kilometers around. That is also the magic of this place. The nature trails, downhills of more than 20km long and the chance to meet the wildlife (guanacos, foxes, condor) turns this place in the ideal place to practice Mountain Bike in a conscious and responsible way.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Bike & Helmet
- Soda/Pop - Gatorade / Powerade / Water
- Lunch - Asado (Barbecue)
- Ticket for the Nature Reserve Villavicencio
- First Aid Kit
- Repairment Tools Kit
What's excluded :
After picking you up, we will go by car (Pick Up or similar) to Uspallata, to take the Route 13, which conduces us to our starting point near the "Pampa de Canota" (in the Natural Reserve of Villavicencio). Once there, we take our bikes and begin our Bike Ride! We'll ascend about 2 km to reach our highest point (3100 m.a.s.l). Then we will start our downhill trip: at first we will ride about 10km throught a very beautoful and not-steep car tracks discovering how nice is being in the middle of the nature. Then we ascend a 2 km path, preparing ourselves to get in to the single trails. This single trails are level "medium" and consist in 20 kilometers of an only downhill way. It's not difficult, but you must have experience on trails. It is NOT for beginners. After the trails we make our last effort ascending 3 kilometers up to the Finca, where we are going to enojy a well diserved meal!
We will make some stops (about 2 to 4) to gather the group together and continue. We will see some wild animals like guanacos, foxes, maybe condors, etc. and amazing landscapes (big mountains with no humanity around). When we finish this ride, we will eat an "asado" (our national barbecue) with the best meat of Argentina. After this, our transfer will be waiting for us to take you back to your hotel.
• Reserva Natural Villavicencio, Ruta Provincial N 52 Km. 16.5, Las Heras 5539 Argentina
Departure Point :Plaza Independencia, Capital, Mendoza, Argentina
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.