Full-Day Monte Alban and Indigenous Villages Tour
-Due to the pandemic of COVID-19, this tour will be under request since tourist attractions and archaeological and public sites in Oaxaca may be closed for the date you want to book your tour.-
Come and explore the breathtaking ruins of Monte Alban. Continue on to a fascinating wood alebrijes carving village, then on to a 16th century Dominican ex-monastery, before finishing in San Bartolo Coyotepec, known for its black clay pottery.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- English Speaking guide
What's excluded :
- Entrance fee to Monte Alban (65 pesos)
- Buffet Lunch with drinks (140 pesos)
- Note: Prices may change without prior notice.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Monte Alban Zapotec Ruins Tour, Oaxaca Mexico
• See the famous Oaxacan wordcarvings ‘Alebrijes’ and marvel at these fantastic creations.
• Learn about the ancient site that was the Zapotec socio-political and economic center for close to a thousand years.
• Visit indigenous villages and learn more about their Oaxacan way of life.
This adventure begins at 10:00 a.m. when we pick you up at the hostel of your choice. You will visit the Monte Alban ruins, the greatest ancient capital built by the Zapotec culture and the most important archaeological site in Oaxaca.
Then, you will continue to Arrazola to visit a famous wood-carving village, where Alebrijes are made. Alebrijes are brightly coloured Mexican folk art sculptures of fantastical creatures.
Following this, you will visit Cuilapan de Guerrero, a 16th century Dominican ex-monastery. Lastly, you will stop in San Bartolo Coyotepec to visit the home of the popular regional black clay pottery.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:50 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This adventure begins at 10:00 a.m. when we pick you up at the hostel of your choice.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.