Full Day Island Tour Discover Samos
In this tour we will head north to the marvelous monastery of Megali Panagia (15th cent.), – an example of “Byzantine Greece”– to take a guided tour. We will then make a stop to the truly traditional mountain village of Pyrgos (famous for its honey and ceramics) for a short walk.
After visiting Pyrgos, there is an optional stop in the area of Koutsi – an ideal place to take panoramic photos, before continuing to our visit at a traditional wine factory, where we will get the chance to taste some of the famous Samian wines. There is no better way to see the best there is to see in the island of Samos.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private local licensed guide
- Transportation with air-conditioned modern coach
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Hera
What's excluded :
- Tour guiding in the site of Hera's Temple
- Wine tasting for the island tour on Sundays
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Entry/Admission - Monastery of Megali Panagia
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Temple of Hera, Main Road, Pythagorion 83102 Greece
We start with “Ancient Greece”, represented by the Temple of Hera, a marvelous feat of construction dating from the ancient times.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Monastery of Megali Panagia, Koumaradei 831 03 Greece
we head north to the marvelous monastery of Megali Panagia (15th cent.), an example of “Byzantine Greece”– to take a guided tour. We will then make a stop to the truly traditional mountain village of Pyrgos (famous for its honey and ceramics) for a short walk. After visiting Pyrgos, there is an optional stop in the area of Koutsi – an ideal place to take panoramic photos, before continuing to our visit at a traditional wine factory, where we will get the chance to taste some of the famous Samian wines. Continuing constantly through the varied and verdant landscape, we will reach our lunch point at the second largest town of Samos: Karlovassi
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Samos Euphoria-Store, Ν. Βλιάμου, Neo Karlovasi 832 00, Greece
In Karlovassi you will admire the several neoclassical houses and mansions, witnessing the great wealth of the town during the recent past. Continuing along the wild romantic north coast you will reach the enchanting Valley of Nightingales.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Kokkari Beach, Kokkari Greece
After this short walk and a welcome coffee stop, our last station will be at the charming and picturesque fishermen’s village of Kokkari, before our Island Tour reaches its destination at Samos Town and Pythagorion.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel lobby or nearby appointed location
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children under 2 are complimentary
- Most travelers can participate
- Please notice that extra charges may apply per person or in total of the group for pick-ups from hotels- villas- airbnb outside the proximity of our tour selected pick route. In that case we can provide round trip transfer for customer(s) convenience ad-hoc quoted as per location of customer(s)' property.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.