Full-day in Mtskheta, Stalin Museum & Uplistsikhe Private Tour
In this one-day tour, you will visit Mtskheta – the ancient capital of Georgian kings. You will the amazing beauty of the architecture of such ancient monasteries as Jvari Church and Svetitskhoveli Cathedral. They are included in the UNESCO World Heritage List.
Our tailor-made tour will continue to the ancient city Uplistsikhe. Explore caves and rocky chambers once used for pagan worship in the medieval settlement.
You will also go to one of the oldest settlements in Georgia and end your journey in Gori. Here is the hometown of Joseph Stalin. Here you can visit the museum opened in his honor and learn the life story of one of the Soviet dictator.
per adult from
8 to 12 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
What's excluded :
- Wine tasting (20 GEL = 8 USD) Optional
- Entrance fees to Joseph Stalin Museum (15 GEL = 5,5 USD) Optional
- Entrance fees to Uplistsikhe (15 GEL = 5,5 USD)
- Entry/Admission - Stalin Museum
- Entry/Admission - Uplistsiche Cave Town
- Entry/Admission - Gogi Dvalishvili Wine Cellar
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Jvari Church, Mtskheta Georgia
The journey will start in Mtskheta Cross Monastery - Jvari - The monastery is located on a hill near Mtskheta, that opens up a breathtaking view of the ancient city and its natural beauty.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Svetitskhoveli Cathedral, Arsukidze, Mtskheta 3300 Georgia
After marveling Jvari you’ll continue your road and visit - Svetitskhoveli Cathedral (11th century). Location was chosen precisely because of the legend that says that the robe of Jesus is buried in the place where the Svetitskhoveli Cathedral was built and it is considered one of the holiest places in Georgia.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Stalin Museum, 32 Stalin Avenue Stalin Park, Gori 1400 Georgia
The Joseph Stalin Museum is a museum in Gori, Georgia dedicated to the life of Joseph Stalin, the leader of the Soviet Union, who was born in Gori. The Museum retains its Soviet-era characteristics.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Uplistsiche Cave Town, Kvakhvreli 15 km Eastwards to Town Gori, Gori 1423 Georgia
Uplistsikhe, the cave town is situated 7 km southeast of Gori on the left bank of the River Mtkvari. The site still amazes the visitors by its dimensions, extraordinary position, refined forms and the beauty of the landscape. You will find huge echoing halls, long meandering corridor-streets, chambers for pagan worship and even the remains of Georgia's oldest theater there. You will be impressed by the skill, knowledge, experience and physical and spiritual power of all those, who created this unique monument.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Gogi Dvalishvili Wine Cellar, Zahesi-Mtskheta-Kavtiskhevi-Gori, Khidistavi, Georgia
The family-owned little winery where you can try unique local wines and enjoy homemade lunch.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.