Full Day, historical tour, Monserrate and Gold Museum - Shared
We will arrive at the cable car or funicular station to ascend Monserrate Hill and visit the Sanctuary of the Fallen Lord. Then we will visit a caffee shop where we will have a pleasant experience around this flagship product of Colombia, we will continue our journey to the historic center an area that combines colonial and republican style reflected in its beautiful buildings, walk through the colonial neighborhood of La Candelaria we will visit the Museum of Colombian artist Fernando Botero renowned for his style of volumetry in his works. We continue to the Plaza de Bolívar to admire the primary cathedral, the congress, the Palace of Justice, the Mayor's office and the Casa de Nariño home of the Presidency of the Republic. Later we will enjoy the local gastronomy with a delicious lunch. We end with a pedestrian tour of the Gold Museum, the world' s largest, with more than 34,000 pieces of pre-Columbian indigenous silverware.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Gold museum tickets
- Cable car or funicular ticket in Monserrate
- Entry/Admission - Mount Monserrate
- Entry/Admission - Museo Botero del Banco de la Republica
- Entry/Admission - Gold Museum (Museo del Oro)
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mount Monserrate, Carrera 2 E No. 21-48 Paseo Bolívar, Bogota Colombia
Monserrate has an altitude of 3152 m and is located on the eastern mountain range, have at least 16 million years old, with rocks of Cretaceous age. At the top of this hill is the sanctuary del Señor Caído de Monserrate (the Fallen Lord of Monserrate), whose current neocolonial construction was completed in 1925 and exhibits the carving del Señor Caído de Monserrate The basilica of the Lord of Monserrate has been a place of religious pilgrimage since colonial times and is a natural, religious, gastronomic attraction of the city. You can climb the hill by footpath, cable car or funicular.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Museo Botero del Banco de la Republica, Calle 11 No. 4-41, Bogota 250051 Colombia
Located in the historic center of Bogota, in a colonial mansion restored and adapted by the Bank of the Republic. It is one of the most important artistic spaces in the continent and is home to the greatest artists of Western history.
The Botero Museum's international collection is catalogued as one of the five most important public collections of international art in Latin America.
The Botero Collection exhibits a series of drawings, paintings and sculptures that reflect the most characteristic features of the Colombian artist in the last decades of the twentieth century.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Plaza de Bolivar, Between Carreras 7 and 8 at Calle 10, Bogota Colombia
Bolívar Plaza has been the center of the country's history. It was a public market and bullfighting circus, among other things. The Plaza de Bolívar is part of a group of government buildings, because around it are the Congress of the Republic, the Casa de Nariño, the Palacio de Justicia, the Palacio Liévano, the Catedral Primada, the Colegio de San Bartolomé and the Casa del Florero.
It has been the location of the dramatic events of Bogotazo, funerals of public figures, political demonstrations, political campaigns, ceremonies of presidential possession and others.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Gold Museum (Museo del Oro), Carrera 6 No.15-88, Bogota 110321 Colombia
The Gold Museum of the Bank of the Republic, a unique exhibition in the world. Since 1968 it has been housed in a building that has been awarded for its architecture and design located in the heart of the historic center. The Gold Museum transports the visitors to an auric world that reminds the pre-Hispanic life and reinforces the origin and indigenous legacy. The Museum is divided into several thematic and interactive rooms with a unique and award-winning international environment and very visited by tourists from all over the world, full of curiosity and excitement they see in the exhibition, not only objects of gold but also an idea of nation.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
* We pick you up at the Lobby of Hotel; Monday to Friday at 9:00am - Saturday, Sunday and Holidays at 8:00am (pick-up times may vary depending on the hotel where you are staying)*Due to the large flow of people on Sundays, the visit to Monserrate can be replaced by another point of interest
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.