Full-Day Highland Lochs Glens and Castles Tour from Edinburgh
On our Highland Lochs, Glens & Castles tour from Edinburgh we will take you to some of the best scenery Scotland has to offer. Majestic mountains tumble down to shimmering lochs and castles, while glens tell tragic tales of centuries gone by.
You will have the opportunity to visit a castle or two and we’ll also have the chance to get some photos of castle ruins. We visit the picturesque highland village of Luss which sits on the bonnie banks of Loch Lomond with views to Ben Lomond, Scotland’s most southerly Munro.
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Services of your Driver-Guide
What's excluded :
- Meals and Refreshments
- Entrance to Inveraray Castle, can be paid on the day: Adult £12.50, Concession £11.00, Child £8.00
- Inveraray Jail Ticket can be paid on the day: Adult £11.50, Senior £9.00, Student £8.50, Child £6.25
- Entrance to Doune Castle, can be paid on the day: Adult £9.00, Concession £7.20, Child £5.40
- Entry/Admission - Doune Castle
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Stirling Castle, Castle Esplanade Upper Castle Hill, Old Town, Stirling FK8 1EJ Scotland
We’ll pass Stirling Castle, great royal residence of Stuart Kings and Mary Queen of Scots who acceded to the throne in 1542 when she was only 6 days old.
Stop At: Doune Castle, Castle Hill, Doune, Stirling FK16 6EA Scotland
Our first stop will be at Doune Castle, a magnificent late 14th century stronghold. The castle stood in for Winterfell in Game of Thrones and Castle Leoch in Outlander. It also starred as Swamp Castle, Castle Anthrax and Camelot in the cult comedy movie Monty Python and the Holy Grail. You will have time to visit the Castle.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Loch Lubnaig, Callander, Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park FK178HF Scotland
We'll visit the lovely Loch Lubnaig. This small but stunningly located stretch of freshwater nestling between two striking mountains, Ben Ledi and Ben Vane is where we’ll stop for some light refreshments.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Kilchurn Castle, Lochawe, Dalmally PA33 1AF Scotland
Kilchurn Castle stands at the head of Loch Awe, surrounded by mountains. While enjoying the views we'll stop for some photos at this mid-15th century ruined castle.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Inveraray, Inveraray, Argyll and Bute, Scotland
Inveraray enjoys a picturesque setting on the shores of Loch Fyne and is therefore the perfect place to stop for lunch. With just under 2 hours here, you'll certainly have lots of time to explore. You may choose to visit the 19th century Inveraray Jail (open all year round, tickets purchased on the day), a living museum where you can experience what it was like to be incarcerated behind its bars. While others may opt to have a wander around this lovely little town.
On the other hand, during the summer months (April to Oct) you may consider a visit Inveraray Castle (tickets can be purchased on the day) where the Duke of Argyll and his family live today. Breath in the clear Highland air while you stroll around the parkland, woodland and gardens, which are resplendent with rainbows of the azaleas and rhododendrons that certainly flourish in Argyll in summertime.
Duration: 1 hour 40 minutes
Stop At: Rest and be Thankful, A83, Arrochar, Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park G83 7AD Scotland
We pause for photos at the ‘Rest and Be Thankful’. An iconic Scottish viewpoint, so named thanks to the words carved in stone by weary soldiers who built the original military road in 1753.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Luss, Luss, Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park, Scotland
Our last stop of the day is at the charming highland village of Luss which sits on the bonnie banks of Loch Lomond. Around 1,500 years ago, an Irish missionary, St Kessog, arrived at Loch Lomond, subsequently bringing Christianity to the area. There is time for you to walk around the village and while exploring you should take a walk down to the pier where you’ll see Ben Lomond standing proudly over Loch Lomond.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Waterloo Place (Stop ZH), Edinburgh EH1 3BH, UK
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.