Full-Day Hemel-en-Aarde Valley Wine and Hermanus Whale Coast Private Tour
Enjoy a private tour through the Hemel-en-Aarde Valley and along the Cape Whale Coast. Explore a local vineyard, where you will not only have marvelous views of the coastline, but you will also get to sample some incredible local wines. Next, visit Hermanus for amazing views of the ocean and during whale season (June to November) you can possibly see whales in the bay from the cliffside pathways. Stop at Stony Point Nature Reserve to see the colony of wild African penguins and travel along the scenic Clarence Drive to return to Cape Town.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Local English-speaking professional tour guide
- Wine and chocolate pairing
- Glass bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Creation Wines
- Entry/Admission - Hermanus Cliff Path
- Entry/Admission - Stony Point Penguin Colony
What's excluded :
- Meals and drinks, unless specified
- Additional drinks
- Optional activities, including boat-based whale watching cruise (approximately R800) and tapas pairing (approximately R400)
- Entry/Admission - Southern Right Charters
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Hermanus New Harbour, Westcliff Rd, Hermanus, 7200, South Africa
Your guide will meet you at your accommodation in Cape Town with an air-conditioned minivan to begin your private, full-day tour of the Whale Coast and the Hemel-en-Aarde wine valley.
Stop At: Creation Wines, Hemel & Aarde Rd R320, Hermanus, 7200, South Africa
Along the way to Creation Wines, you will see breathtaking vistas and magnificent mountains. Upon arriving at the rolling vineyards, you will relax, unwind, and enjoy their unique pairing creations.
Indulge in the estate’s award-winning wine and velvety smooth chocolate pairings. You can also opt for an additional tapas style food pairing (at own expense) and enjoy the fresh mountain air and vineyards vies to the ocean view.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Hermanus Cliff Path, Westcliff Rd, Hermanus, Overstrand 7200 South Africa
Continue with a scenic 20-minute drive to Hermanus, one of the best whale watching spots in the world. Explore cliffside pathways to view spectacular displays of raw power and elegance from the whales that migrate to this area’s warm waters during the whale season (typically from June to November).
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Southern Right Charters, Hermanus, 7200, South Africa
While here, you can choose to go on an optional 2-hour whale watching cruise (at own expense) for views of the gentle giants. Like all wild creatures, there is no guarantee they will appear on cue, but there’s always the thrill that you may spot that tell-tale water spout between the waves.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Stony Point Penguin Colony, Betty's Bay South Africa
After free time for lunch (at own expense) in Hermanus, venture back towards Cape Town with a stop at Stony Point Nature Reserve, home to one of only two breeding colonies of the endangered African penguin in the world. Here, you’ll see up to 5,000 of these incredibly cute, flightless birds.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Clarence Drive Outlook Point, Clarence Dr, Rooi-Els, 7196, South Africa
Head back to Cape Town along the picturesque Clarence Drive, with its impressive, craggy coastline and try to catch a last glimpse of frolicking whales against the pink and amber sunset. You will reach your hotel at approximately 5pm.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Africa Select Journeys, 13a Gardner Williams Ave Paardevlei, Cape Town Central 7710 South Africa
- This private tour will run exclusively run for you. The itinerary is flexible and can be tailored to spend more time at the tour’s highlights that interest you the most or swop for alternative options. This is a private tour running exclusively for you or your group.
- Do contact us during of after the booking process to let us know if you would prefer any changes to the tour and we can suggest an updated itinerary and cost estimate if there are any additional charges.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick-up from any hotel, guesthouse, backpackers or street address within 10km radius of Cape Town or Stellenbosch central. If your hotel is not listed, simply select "my hotel is not listed" on the drop-down menu and type your preferred pick-up address.
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- This tour will adhere to the TOURISM INDUSTRY STANDARD COVID-19 SAFE PROTOCOLS during the time of the pandemic as prescribed by TBCSA aligned with the latest World Health Organisation (WHO) guidelines. The protocols will be updated on an on-going basis in line with pandemic status in South Africa.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.