Full-day Fátima, Nazaré, and Óbidos Small-Group Tour from Lisbon
You'll explore the central-west of Portugal on a 9-hour group tour from Lisbon, limited to a max of 6 people and only in English. The first stop is in Fatima, one of Catholicism's major shrines visited by over 6 million people every year. Then you'll have the opportunity to get to know the Batalha monastery, a UNESCO monument dated from the 14th century. Afterward, you'll visit Nazare, one of the most picturesque coastal cities and worldwide known for its waves, the biggest ever surfed in the world. Here you'll have time to have lunch and enjoy some traditional Portuguese food. Finally, you'll be amazed by the historic village of Obidos, built inside the walls of a castle. Its narrow cobblestone streets and flower-bedecked houses feel like a fairytale castle and you can also taste the famous cherry liquor in a chocolate cup, ginja.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide and driver
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Alcoholic Beverages - Ginja de Óbidos (cherry liqueur in a chocolate cup); 1 per person
- Maximum 6 people
- The tour will be only in English
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Basilica de Nossa Senhora do Rosario de Fatima, Rua de Rainha Santa Isabel 26, Fatima 2495-424 Portugal
You will stop and explore the Sanctuary of Fatima for about 1 hour. Fatima is today one of Catholicism’s major shrines and is visited by 6 million people every year. It is said that the Virgin Mary appeared to three children – Lucia, Francisco, and Jacinta – every single month from May 13th, 1917 until October 13th, 1917.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Stop At: Batalha Monastery, Largo Infante Dom Henrique 2440, Batalha 2440-484 Portugal
You will explore the Batalha Monastery (just the church, not the entire monastery), that was built by King João I to thank the Virgin Mary for the Portuguese victory over the Spanish during the Battle of Aljubarrota in 1385. This UNESCO monument is mainly Gothic, however, there were many new additions in the 15th and 16th centuries that are Manueline. This is also the first pantheon to be built in Portugal of João I and his English wife, Philippa of Lancaster.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: O Sitio, Top of the Cliff, Nazare 2450-076 Portugal
Nazare is a fishing town full of nice places to stop and enjoy the ocean view (the town center is full of sea-food restaurants). This is a cliff-top area 110 meters (360 feet) above the ocean, popular for its amazing views. There is a small chapel here that was built after 1182 by a local nobleman Dom Fuas Roupinho, to thanks, Virgine Mary for saving his life here. Nor far away from here there is a baroque church built in the 17th-century (Igreja de Nossa Senhora da Nazaré). You should relax here for a while and try a typical local restaurant for lunch.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Farol de Nazare, Estr. do Farol, Nazare 2450-065 Portugal
Nazare is now one of the most popular places to surf in Portugal. In 2011, the biggest wave in the world (nearly 24 meters; 79 feet) was surfed here by Garrett McNamara, a professional American big wave surfer.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Obidos Village, Obidos Portugal
Óbidos is a medieval town that was taken from the Moorish army in 1148. Is since that time a walled city, with cobblestone streets and flower-bedecked, whitewashed houses. It was founded at the top of a hill where was possible to overlook the ocean, but the bay gradually silted up. Is since the 15th century a landlocked town. But Obidos it’s not only about medieval architecture, but it’s also about animated festivals, bookstores, small museums, chocolate and ginjinha (cherry-liqueur; 1 per person is included in the price). In recent years Óbidos has been reinventing itself as a literary center.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Av. da Liberdade 9, 1250-149 Lisboa, Portugal
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The tour will be only in English
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We were certified as a “Clean and Safe” company by the Portuguese authorities. An internal protocol was implemented to avoid risks of contagion. We provide all required protective equipment (masks are mandatory). All customer touchpoints are frequently cleaned and cars will not be full of capacity.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.