Full-Day "Francigena Ways" in Chianti with Lunch and Wineries
Spend a day on the Chianti roads, along the old "Francigena Ways", which was traveled by Charlemagne and by pilgrims to Rome and from the ancient Crusaders soldiers to Jerusalem. A fantastic experience traveling between the Chianti hills and the wonderful city of Siena, San Gimignano (famous in all the world for its Medieval Towers) and Monteriggioni Castle (A outpost built by the Republic of Siena and a strategic point of control of passages on the Via Francigena). With a delicious lunch and wine tasting in 2 typical farms .
Our qualified drivers will offer you tours in Mercedes Minivan accompanying you through the beautiful hills and picturesque villages of Tuscany, showing you the most interesting places and the extraordinary work of expert craftsmen. Besides, you will have the possibility to taste renowned wines and other typical products like olive oil, Sienese sweets, cheeses, balsamic vinegar and truffle.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Lunch - Lunch in the winery + Wine tasting (Chianti, Brunello, Sangiovese, Nobile, Vernaccia) Balsamic Vinegar tasting, Truffle, Extra Oilive Oil tasting
- WiFi on board
- Entry/Admission - Tenuta Torciano
- Entry/Admission - Fattoria Lornano
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Siena, Siena, Tuscany
Siena is a historic city on the region of Tuscany and is the capital of the province of Siena. This city is well known for its gorgeous architecture and beautiful main square – the Piazza del Campo. Furthermore Siena has a historic city centre that has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Additionally, Siena is also known for its legendary Palio horse race that takes place twice a year and draws hundreds of spectators.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Tenuta Torciano, Via di Crocetta 18, 53037 Ulignano, San Gimignano Italy
"Tenuta Torciano promotes the Italian wine & food culture all over the world. A beautiful Italian experience to learn the best combinations beetween wine & food, the glass etiquette, the secrets of Italian cuisine, Tuscan wine-making techniques and more."
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: San Gimignano, San Gimignano, Tuscany
After Tenuta di Torciano we will drive through the sweet Siena hills, amidst olive-groves, cypress trees and vineyards up to the Medieval town of San Gimignano. The visit of the town and its magnificent towers will take about an hour. In the main square don't forget to taste the best ice cream in the world
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Monteriggioni, Monteriggioni, Tuscany
Monteriggioni Castle, is one of the most incredible and representative Tuscan villages of the medieval period. A castle built by the Republic of Siena and a strategic point of control of passages on the Via Francigena.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Fattoria Lornano, Strada di Lornano 11 Località Lornano, 53035, Monteriggioni Italy
Second wine tasting experience in this wonderful winery farm before to come back in Florence
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Our english speaking driver / escort will pick you up at your location (hotel or apartment) . Welcome sign with our company name + your name
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Stroller accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Our Cars or Minivans use Anti-Covid barriers between passengers and driver
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.