Full Day Excursion in Mandalay
Join this day tour and experience the different culture and life style of Burmese people. Get inside tips from locals the history and architecture of pagodas built in centuries by Myanmar Kings. Lunch and hotel transportation is included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Lunch and bottled water
- Round-trip private transfer
- Entry/Admission - Mahamuni Pagoda
- Entry/Admission - Kuthodaw Pagoda & the World's Largest Book
- Entry/Admission - Shwenandaw Monastery
- Entry/Admission - Mandalay Palace
- Entry/Admission - Atumashi monastery
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- Mandalay zone fees
- Our driver will pick you up from your hotel around 8:30am and head to Mahamuni Pagoda. Mahamuni Pagoda is one of the most important Buddhist pilgrimage sites in Myanmar. The Buddha was encrusted with gold leaves and only men are permitted to go up to the golden Buddha to put gold leaf on it. Please wear appropriately if you want to enter the temple.
Next, we will visit to local artisan’s workshop of gold leaf making, wood-carving making (furniture and other decorative materials) and Kalaga tapestries, one of Myanmar arts and crafts that mainly originated in Mandalay and famous souvenir. From the workshop, we proceed to Zaycho Market, one of the oldest and largest market in Myanmar. We will spend some time walking around the market and you can take this fantastic opportunity to capture some colourful photos of Burmese people life style.
After lunch, we will visit the magnificent complex of Royal Palace with impressive crowning wooden pavilion and consists of many buildings. Then, we continue to Shwenandaw Monastery, one of the finest wooden monastery building in the century. Spend some time and look at the exterior carved walls and you will notice no two images are the same.
We then move on to Atumashi Monastery situated next to Shwenandaw Monastery followed by Kuthodaw Pagoda, the World’s Largest Book (hundreds of shrines housing inscribed marble slabs in each structure). Admire the building paintings and designs while you walk around this pagoda.
To conclude the tour, we will go up the top of Mandalay Hill, a vantage point for panoramic view of the city and spectacular sunset views. Tour ends at around 5:30pm and our driver will transfer you back to your hotel after a wonderful day.
Departure Point :Mahamuni Buddha Temple, Mandalay, Myanmar (Burma)
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is formal
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Please provide your hotel information for pick-up and drop off
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.