Full-Day City Tour with Monserrate and the Underground Salt Cathedral
Experience Bogotá’s La Candelaria neighborhood and the mountaintop Monserrate Monastery. Wander the narrow streets of Bogotá’s La Candelaria area as you visit the city’s Gold Museum, then you’ll ascend by cable car to Monserrate to enjoy stunning views of the Colombian capital.
After a typical lunch,enjoy an incredible journey to colombia's pre-hispanic past visiting Zipaquira and its marvellous Cathedral made of salt, 180 meters below the surface.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Typical lunch with a soft drink
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Museo Botero del Banco de la Republica
- Entry/Admission - Mount Monserrate
- Entry/Admission - Catedral de Sal de Zipaquira
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Any thing that doesnt have mencioned here
- Unspecified and / or personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Plaza de Bolivar, Between Carreras 7 and 8 at Calle 10, Bogota Colombia
Continue at La Plaza de Bolivar walk along the streets and take a close look of the most important buildings of the city: Palacio Lievano, Catedral Primada, the National Capitol and La Casa de Nariño
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Capitolio Nacional, Calle 10 con Carreras 7 y 8, Bogota Colombia
Located at the south end of the square is the National Capitol home of the Colombian Congress. The building was built by Thomas Reed between 1848 and 1926. Since 1975 it is considered a National Monument
Pass By: La Catedral Primada, Carrera 7 10 80, Bogota 111711 Colombia
A Neoclasic building in the east side of the square. Built between 1807 and 1823 the Cathedral is home to the Archbishop
Pass By: CASA DE NARINO, Carrera 8 No.7-26, Bogota Colombia
La Casa de Nariño is the official residence of the President of Colombia and is the headquarter of the government of the country
Pass By: Palacio Lievano, Plaza de Bolivar, Bogota Colombia
With its French renaissance Style the building occupies the western side of the square and is Bogota’s city hall.
Stop At: Museo Botero del Banco de la Republica, Calle 11 No. 4-41, Bogota 250051 Colombia
After walking a few blocks away from the square you will find the Botero Muesum. The Colombian artist Fernando Botero donated to the city 87 works of art from diverse artist which were part of his private collection plus 123 pieces made by him.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Barrio La Candelaria, Calle 10 # 0 15 Bogota, Colombia Llegando por avenida circunvalar preferiblemente., Bogota 111711 Colombia
Bogota’s Historical center is named la Candelaria, we will walk a little longer so you get to admire the colonial architecture of the district and the colorful houses.
Stop At: Mount Monserrate, Carrera 2 E No. 21-48 Paseo Bolívar, Bogota Colombia
Before we leave the historical center, we will take a cable car that will take us to Monserrate the highest point of the city and where it is possible to admire a beautiful view
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Catedral de Sal de Zipaquira, Carrera 6 Calle 1 Parque De La Sal, Zipaquira Colombia
Time to leave the city driving to the north and having a quick stop on the road for lunch before we arrive to the town of Zipaquira, which means 'city of our Father' in the language of the Chibcha. Back in pre-Columbian times, salt around the area was the most important commodity and the ‘salt cakes’ were the only currency for trading. Over time, technology improved and the muiscas began to extract larger amounts of salt. As a result, an underground salt deposit was formed and it is where the Salt Cathedral was built, 180 meters below the surface. Inside, there is a chapel, “capilla de los mineros” built as a tribute to the Virgin “Our Lady of the Rosary of Guasá” (Guasá means 'mine' in Chibcha). The time of the tour includes the transfer from Bogota to Zipaquira and back
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Meet your guide at the hotel lobby
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical condition, participants with back problems and pregnant women.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Comfortable shoes are recommended
- Sundays are the most busy days at Monserrate due to the Catholic mass offered on the church, so we recommend you not to visit it on this day
- Botero Museum is closed on Tuesdays.
- Gold museum and Quinta de Bolivar closed on Mondays, instead we visit Museo de Botero and Museo Casa de la Moneda.
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required and have an addicional charge
- Not recommended for travelers with movility disabilities
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for travelers with claustrophobic syndrome
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.