Full-Day City Tour of Khajuraho visit Kamasurta Temples and Handicrafts
Khajuraho is known for its temples featuring sculptures and artwork depicting eroticism as well as their stunning architecture built between the 9th and 12th centuries during the Chandela Dynasty. On this full-day tour, you will spend half the day with your guide visiting several of the remaining 20 temples and the other half exploring the city's commercial areas in search of local handicrafts. At the end of your long day, you can return to your pickup location or opt to stay for the sound and light show at the Western Group of Temples.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All Transfers/Sightseeing’s by air conditioned private vehicle
- Hotel/airport/rail station pickup and drop-off
- Professional private tour guide
- Monument entrance fees
- Buffet Lunch
- Entry/Admission - Western Group of Temples
- Entry/Admission - Khajuraho Temples
What's excluded :
- Sound and Light Show
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Entry/Admission - Sound & Light Show
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Western Group of Temples, Sevagram, Khajuraho, Madhya Pradesh 471606, India
Meet your personal guide at your hotel in Khajuraho at 9am and begin your day with a transfer to the UNESCO World Heritage site known as the "Western Group of Temples.” Start your visit with the Kandariya Mahadev temple, the most popular and beautiful massive structure. It is a magnificent piece of artistic sculptural work decorated with over 870 statues and carvings. Stroll through other temples such as the Chaunset Yogini, dedicated to the Goddess Kali; the Chitragupta or Bharatji, featuring a lovely image of the 11 headed Vishnu; Vishwanath, Nandi, Lakshmana and Visha, dedicated to Shiva, which is the largest and most typical of the temples in this area.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Khajuraho Temples, Khajuraho India
Although the Khajuraho temples are more popularly known for their depictions of eroticism, the images are also perfectly balanced with other themes.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Khajuraho's Textile & Looms, Khajuraho Jain Mandir Road, Khajuraho 471606 India
Afterward set out to explore the local handicrafts of the town. In this small town, tourism accounts for the main source of earnings for its local people. Notice how nearly every household is engaged in some kind of commercial activity. Houses are converted into budget hotels, shops and restaurants.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Sound & Light Show, Unnamed Road, Sevagram, Khajuraho, Madhya Pradesh 471606, India
Finally, in the early evening, you can enjoy an optional sound and light show (not included in tour price) at the Western Group of Temples complex which provides a brief overview of the life and times of the great Chandela Kings and highlights the story of the exclusive temples from the 10th Century to the present day.
The fascinating 50-minute show is presented in both Hindi and English languages.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Khajuraho, Khajuraho, Chhatarpur District, Madhya Pradesh
At the end of the tour, you will be transported to your hotel, airport or railway station in Khajuraho.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Khajuraho, Madhya Pradesh 471606, India
Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup from Hotel / Airport or Anywhere in KhajurahoAirports
- Khajuraho Airport, Khajuraho India
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.