Full-Day Art Loeb Trail Running Adventure
Every guide on our team has developed an intimate knowledge of our national forest and can offer you an in-depth history to all the areas we run in. Originally owned by George Vanderbilt, Pisgah National Forest is the oldest of its kind in the eastern United States and holds deep historical relevance among several generations.
What makes us different than other tour companies is our selection of local guides who are all able to lead this 30-mile trip on a moment's notice. We pride ourselves in only utilizing top-notch trail and ultra runners with extensive knowledge and expertise in the sport.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Water Filters
What's excluded :
Running the entire Art Loeb is no easy feat, nor is it recommended for novice runners. At roughly 50k in length with over 8,000' of climbing, running the entire trail is one of the most epic and rewarding things you'll ever do in your life. Different than a race, this guided adventure allow you to run the trail at your own pace, stopping to take in the view and relax as often as you'd like. Expect at least 10 - 12 hours on the trail.
The run begins at Daniel Boone Boy Scout Camp outside of Waynesville where it climbs into the Shining Rock Wilderness and traverses the Great Balsam Mountains. Multiple bald summits and dramatic views line the ridge before merging onto a brief stretch of the 1,200-mile long Mountains to Sea Trail. After crossing over the Blue Ridge Parkway, the trail summits Pilot Mountain before bagging peak after peak on its way to the Davidson River Campground, its southern terminus.
Nutritionals, food, water, transportation, and supply drops are all included in the price.
• Pisgah National Forest, Pisgah Forest, NC
Departure Point :Ecusta Brewing Company, 49 Pisgah Hwy #3, Pisgah Forest, NC 28768, USA
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 10/24/2019 - 10/28/2021
Monday: 08:00 AM - 04:00 PM Tuesday: 08:00 AM - 04:00 PM Wednesday: 08:00 AM - 04:00 PM Thursday: 08:00 AM - 04:00 PM Friday: 07:00 AM - 08:00 AM Saturday: 07:00 AM - 08:00 AM Sunday: 07:00 AM - 08:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Service animals allowed
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.