Fátima and Coimbra Full Day Tour with Lunch
Visit the religious center of Portugal – Fátima - where you can learn more about the phenomenon of the Marian apparitions, which took place for the first time on May 13th, 1917. Visit the Sanctuary, the Basilica and the Apparitions Chapel. In the afternoon visit the magnificent city of Coimbra, where the University area, the Cathedral and the Historic Centre can be visited.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Living Tours Portugal, Porto Portugal
Your expert guide will collect you at your accommodation and will drive you from Porto to the Fátima, on of the most famous and important sites in Portugal due to the events known as the Apparitions of Fátima, that took place there in 1917.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Fatima, Fatima, Santarem District, Central Portugal
It's time to discover Fátima.
With its origins deep in history, it was during the Arabian occupation that this settlement developed and was named. According to legend, during the Christian Reconquest, the Templar knight Gonçalo Hermingues, also known as Bringer-of-Moors, fell in love with Fátima, a Moor captured in the course of an ambush. Reciprocating the love, the young woman converted to Christianity and adopted the name Oureana.
In the sixteenth century, the settlement became a parish in the collegiate church of Ourém within the Diocese of Leiria.
Its subsequent development dates from the events known as the Apparitions of Fátima, in the early part of the twentieth century. It has become one of the key centers for the Cult of the Virgin Mary in Portugal and has been recognised world-wide by the Catholic Church.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Sanctuary of Our Lady of Fátima, 2495-402 Fátima, Portugal
One of the largest Marian centres in the world.
This Marian centre of pilgrimage evokes the apparitions of Our Lady to the three little shepherds Lucia, Francisco and Jacinta, which took place in 1917 and were recognized in 1930. The spot was a rural property called Cova da Iria, and it belonged to the parents of Lucia, who donated it to the Shrine. It was here that five of the six apparitions took place
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Capela Das Aparicoes, Santuario de Fatima, Fatima 2496-908 Portugal
The Chapel, in the heart of the current Fátima Sanctuary, was built by local people in 1919 in response to the request made by Our Lady during one of the apparitions.
Pass By: Rua dos Pastorinhos, R. dos Pastorinhos, 2495 Fátima, Portugal
The three shepherd children to whom Our Lady appeared - Lúcia and her cousins, Francisco and Jacinta - were born in the small village of Aljustrel, around 2 kms from the sanctuary of Fátima.
Stop At: Coimbra, Coimbra, Coimbra District, Central Portugal
Our last stop will be Coimbra, a city known for its academic life, a city that gives life to those who lost it.
You will have the opportunity to get to know a little bit of academic life but also of the general culture that surrounds the university.
Take advantage of this moment to stroll through the picturesque streets of this magical city.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Living Tours, R. de Mouzinho da Silveira 352 354, 4050-418 Porto, Portugal
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotels in Porto and Vila Nova de Gaia city centre when included. The exact pick up time is advised prior the date of the tour.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult Usually our tours run in one language but there are cases of one extras language or more.
- Tours run in samll groups between 8 and 25 people
- Duration: the hours of duration are approximate hours, The Tour is subject to local traffic, visit schedules, etc
- Pick up: Free of charge in central Oporto and Vila Nova de Gaia hotels. For private and other types of accommodation the meeting point is at LIVING TOURS PORTO (Rua Mouzinho da Silveira, 352/354 Porto) - next to São Bento train station, Porto
- Reservation is mandatory and requires an email request/confirmation. Bookings must be confirmed at least 48 hours befor the date of the servisse. Cancellations within 48 hours or less will be fully charged.
- All tours depart from Porto and Vila Nova de Gaia
- The services included in the tours/wine estate visits, restaurants, etc) are subject to 3rd party availability and may change without prior notice.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Certified with the CLEAN AND SAFE by the Portuguese Tourism Board and SAFE TRAVELS certification by the WTTC. Internal Protocol and Contigency plan was implemented with certified training of all staff. Cleaning and desinfecting measures are implemented for all the tranportation and facilities.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.