From Yangon: Full Day Excursion to Golden Rock
Learn not only about the spiritual heart of the Buddhism but also discover the natural beauty of the region around Kyaikhtiyo (Golden Rock). This is an adventure trip as you must take a ride by an open truck from the base camp to the mountain top. On the way back to Yangon, make a short visit in Bago.
• Make a pilgrimage tour up to Mount Kyaiktiyo, home of the famous Golden Rock Pagoda.
• Admire the gilded dome of the Shwemawdaw Pagoda and see the Great Reclining Buddha Image, Shwetharlyang Pagoda in Bago.
• Enjoy having lunch at local restaurant.
• Visit the War Cemetery which is maintained by the Commonwealth War Graves Commission.
per adult from
What's included :
- Private sightseeing with an English speaking guide & air-conditioned vehicle
- Lunch at Local Restaurant,
- 1 Purified Water Bottle / 1 Snow Towel per day during the tour,
- Pick up & drop off at your Hotel in Yangon
- Entrance Fees in Kyaikhtiyo Pagoda, Shwemawdaw and Shwetharlyaung Pagoda in Bago
- Entry/Admission - Kyaiktiyo Pagoda
- Entry/Admission - Shwemawdaw Paya
- Entry/Admission - Shwethalyaung Buddha
- Entry/Admission - Kyaik Pun Pagoda
What's excluded :
- Services not mentioned in our itinerary,
- Hotel accommodation,
- Tips for your guide and driver, Camera Fee, Personal expenses, Travel insurance
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kyaiktiyo Pagoda, Kin Pun Myanmar
At 05:30 AM. pick up from your hotel in Yangon and start overland drive to Kin Pun "base camp" of Golden Rock (110 miles – 4 hours) and onward to Kyaiktiyo (the "Golden Rock"), a huge boulder completely covered by gold leaves and delicately balanced on the edge of a cliff. Arrive Kim Pun Based Camp at approx noon. As soon as arriving to the Kim Pun Base Camp at about 1000 AM, you will take the open truck to reach to the mountain top pagoda. After arriving to the top of the mountain pagoda, you can visit the Golden Rock Pagoda and take the photo around there. Lunch will be served at a local restaurant en-route.
Duration: 6 hours
Stop At: Shwemawdaw Paya, Bago Myanmar
After lunch, leave from Kyaikhto and return back to Yangon via Bago. Short visit in Bago includes great Shwemawdaw Pagoda, which is over a thousand years old.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Shwethalyaung Buddha, Bago Myanmar
Its spire is even taller than that of Yangon's Shwedagon Pagoda, the 55-meter-long reclining Shwe Thalyaung Buddha Image, one of the country's most revered objects. Then, continue drive to Yangon, with a brief stop at Kyaik Pun Pagoda, famous for its four giant Buddha figures. Drive back to Yangon.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Kyaik Pun Pagoda, Bago Myanmar
Then, continue drive to Yangon, with a brief stop at Kyaik Pun Pagoda, famous for its four giant Buddha figures. Drive back to Yangon.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Taukkyan War Cemetery, No 1 Pyay Road, Yangon (Rangoon) Myanmar
If time permit, visit Allied War Cemetery in Htauk Kyant. Arrive back to your hotel in the late evening.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up from your hotel in Yangon City area. Please advise your hotel's name.Drop-off at your hotel in Yangon City area.
Departure Time :5:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- As you will be visiting religious sites, please wear clothes that cover your shoulders and knees, and remember to take off your shoes and socks when entering pagoda areas.
- This tour is not available during the Water Festival between 12 to 18 Apr. During this time, everything in town is closed: restaurants, shops, markets, Museum, etc. Driving through Yangon is extremely difficult if not impossible because people celebrate the famous water-festival. You cannot avoid of getting very wet because everyone throws water at everybody. People drive through the city in open cars and there are stages along the street where people throw water. Everybody going up will get very wet.
- Due to road conditions, travel in this region is not recommended during the monsoon season (June - September).
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.