From Urubamba: Private Tour to Maras and Moray
Your day will start with a tour that takes approximately one and a half hours, to visit the Moray terraces and the Maras salt mines. Morays archaeological vestiges are composed of mysterious concentric circular terraces which, according to some scholars, would be an agricultural research center. The higher external terraces would be at a higher temperature than the inner terraces and could simulate the conditions of the different ecological strata of the empire. Maras is a surreal view. It is near Moray and it is an impressive salt exploitation complex. Its huge salt deposits were used to trade them for other products with other parts of the empire. You will return to Cusco at the end of the tour.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional bilingual tour guide (Spanish and English).
- Touristic transportation.
- Admission to Maras.
- Entry/Admission - Salinas de Maras
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- Cusco Tourist ticket - BTC
- Entry/Admission - Moray
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Salinas de Maras, Carreta a Maras, Maras 08655 Peru
Visit the archaeological remains of Maras. It is a surreal sight. Located so close to Moray and is an impressive complex of salt mining. They are large deposits of salt used for exchange for other products with other regions of the empire.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Moray Valle Sagrado de los Incas, Maras 08655 Peru
The archaeological site of Moray consists of mysterious concentric circular terraces that for some investigators would be an agricultural research center.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
- Pick-up from hotels located in Urubamba (see list of hotels).- This activity does not include the pick up from private residences (Airbnb). If you stay in them, please contact us days prior the start of the tour, in order to coordinate a meeting point for the pick-up.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Note: the visit to Maras does not operate from December to March due to rainy season. Moray is visited all throughout the year
- It is important to inform us the name of the hotel where you are staying in order to coordinate your pick up
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Rates do not apply for Peruvians or foreign passengers whose stay exceeded 60 days in Peru because sales taxes are not included in the above total and, if applicable, will be collected by the local operator.
- To visit Moray , it is important that you acquire your Cusco Tourist Ticket (BTC)
- You should wear comfortable clothing and shoes.
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.