From Tunis, Sousse and Hammamet: Visit Kairouan and its great mosque
- An excursion on a day, with not many kilometers to go but rather a lot to discover.
Visit Kairouan, the city Aghlabide par excellence and Islamic and religious capital of Tunisia is well worth the visit.
- Visit of the Great Mosque considered as one of the most important in the world Muslims
- Visit of the Medina inscribed in the UNESCO World Heritage
- Visit of the Aghlabides basins
- Visit of Bir Barrouta
- Visit the mausoleum of the barber.
- An exit far from the tourist attractions but rather in the heart of the local life
per adult from
What's included :
- Lunch - Lunch meal included (excluding drinks)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance to monuments (mosque - Aghlabide Basins)
- Entry/Admission - The Great Mosque of Kairouan
- Entry/Admission - Bassins Aghlabites
What's excluded :
- Drinks and personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Great Mosque of Kairouan, Rue Sidi Abdelkader, Kairouan 3100 Tunisia
The Great Mosque of Kairouan, considered the 3rd most important Islamic monument in the Arab world after Mecca and Jerusalem
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Mosque Sidi Sahbi (Mosque of the Barber), Kairouan Tunisia
The mausoleum of Sidi Sahab, one of the most visited by Tunisians who flock there especially during the festival of Mouled, is a revered place where we celebrate, besides the Mouled, other festivities such as marriage contracts, circumcisions..etc
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Bir Barouta, Medina, Kairouan 3100 Tunisia
Bir Barrouta, one of the oldest wells of Kairouan, Bir Baroutan is a tourist attraction really unattractive. Bir means "well" and Routa was the name of the dog of the companion of the Prophet, become Barouta by abuse of language. This well was built around 796 and restored in 1690, and is 20 meters deep, 18.5 meters long and 13.5 meters wide. People come here to drink the holy water, as it is said that the well connected (communicating in depth) to the holy well of Mecca Bir Zemzem in Saudi Arabia.
The monument is on the main artery of the medina of Kairouan. From the outside, the building overlooks the street by two niches housing a trough above which are placed marble taps. The facade features a commemorative white marble plaque with a naskhi poem that celebrates the construction of the building and dates back to 1690.
A legend says that this well is connected to the Bir Zemzem in Mecca in Saudi Arabia. Another legend says that whoever drinks the water from this well will return once again to Kairouan
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Medina of Kairouan, Rue Bouhaha Houmet Jemmaa la medina de Kairouan, Kairouan 3100 Tunisia
The Medina of Kairouan is a true open-air museum and still alive with Arab-Muslim art and architecture by its monuments (more than a hundred), its souks, its houses and its alleys which remain a convincing testimony of his prestigious past.
Since 9/12/1988, the Kairouan Medina has been inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List by answering 5 of the six evaluation criteria (Criteria for inscription: I - II - III - V - VI).
"The Great Mosque is one of the major monuments of Islam" and a "masterpiece of universal architecture" (I).
"The Grand Mosque served as a model for several Maghreb mosques; especially with regard to the decorative motifs. "The Mosque of the Three Gates is the oldest mosque with carved facade of Islam [...]" (II).
"... Kairouan offers an exceptional testimony to the civilization of the first centuries of the Hegira in Ifriqiya (III).
The traditional Muslim architecture of Kairouan, associated with its spatial configuration, has "become vulnerable under the effect of economic changes and constitutes a precious heritage ..." (V).
"Kairouan is one of the holy cities and spiritual capitals of Islam" (VI).
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Bassins Aghlabites, Avenue De La Republique, Kairouan 3100 Tunisia
The basins of Aghlabides are a Tunisian historical monument located in Kairouan. Dating from the beginning of the second half of the 9th century and located outside the walls of the Kairouan Medina, they are considered the most important hydraulic works in the history of the Muslim world.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Tunis, Tunisia
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick you up where you are in Tunis, Sousse and Hammamet (at any hotel)
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.