From Rovaniemi: Day Tour Hiking to Auttiköngäs Falls
Departure from Rovaniemi in direction of the natural hiking trails of Auttiköngäs Falls! Auttiköngäs is a dream-come-true destination for day trip visitors and it`s located 80 kms from Rovaniemi. After pickup you will be driven from Rovaniemi 80kms in direction of Auttikongas Natural Waterfalls. The guide will provide you the best information about the place, it`s secrets, and stop for you to take amazing pictures! In the middle of the trail a sausages BBQ with warm juice will be provided. The trail is suitable for families, it is easy to reach and has magnificent landscapes. The area´s main sight and attraction is the 16-metre-high Auttiköngäs Falls! The forest in the Auttiköngäs area is so old that it can be called primary or virgin forest.!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Winter clothes
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Auttikongas, Along route 81, Rovaniemi 97655 Finland
Auttiköngäs is a dream-come-true destination for day trip visitors. It is easy to reach and has magnificent landscape. The area´s main sight and attraction is the 16-metre-high Auttiköngäs Falls.
Auttiköngäs was established as a protected forest in 1955; later it was named a landscape forest. Today Auttiköngäs is part of the Northern Finland old-growth forest protection program.
The forest in the Auttiköngäs area is so old that it can be called primary or virgin forest. There has never been any organised logging in the area. Only during the Continuation War (1941-44) did Germans who stayed at Autti fell some trees while building a fortification.
The terrain is varying and jagged. The top of the large Könkäänvaara Hill reaches a height of 240 m, while Ispinävaara Hill at 190 m is definitely not as high but it is much steeper.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from and drop off to accommodation (city center area of Rovaniemi).Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to your scheduled pick up time.Airports
- Rovaniemi Airport, Rovaniemi Finland
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.