From Mexico City: Private Tour to Teotihuacan Pyramids with Tequila Tasting
Visit the archeological site of Teotihuacan – a UNESCO World Heritage site – on this private tour from Mexico City with an expert archeologist guide. As you tour the pyramids, plazas and murals and take in the majestic atmosphere, you’ll have the advantage of a private guide who is full of fascinating information about Teotihuacan, which is believed to have been established around 100 BC. You'll also have the chance to climb up the Pyramid of the Sun and Pyramid of the Moon. A tequila and mezcal tasting is also included!
Pick up Hotel is included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned
- Private guide (professional archaeologist)
- Liquors tasting
- Entrace to Teotihuacan
- Entry/Admission - Zona Arqueologica Teotihuacan
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Eje Central Lazaro Cardenas, Tlatelolco, Cuauhtemoc, Mexico City 06900 Mexico
Pass by Tlatelolco & learn of the importance of the place which was part of the capital of the Aztec empire. See the Plaza of the Three Cultures where Pre-hispanic, colonial and modern Mexico blend.
Stop At: Zona Arqueologica Teotihuacan, Ecatepec Piramides km.22 + 600, San Juan Teotihuacan 55800 Mexico
Known as the City of the Gods, Teotihuacan was one of the largest and most important pre-Aztec cities in Mexico.
Explore the archeological site’s pyramids, plazas and palaces with your archeologist guide, who is able to give you all kinds of expert information about Teotihuacan’s physical and cultural history and answer any questions you have during your tour about buildings like the Temple of Quetzalcoatl and the Palace of Quetzalpapalotl. Hear stories about the ancient people who lived here and news about the latest archeological discoveries. See large murals, and walk along the Avenue of the Dead (Calle de los Muertos), a 1.5-mile (2.4-km) road that connects the main structures, including the Pyramid of the Moon and Pyramid of the Sun.
The Pyramid of the Moon and the Pyramid of the Sun are Teotihuacan’s most famous — and largest — structures, and you have the opportunity to climb them, if you wish, for outstanding views of the whole city.
Duration: 3 hours 5 minutes
Stop At: Tlacaelel, Circuito Arqueológico de las Pirámides de Teotihuacán Entre puerta 1 y 2, Purificacion, 55800 San Juan Teotihuacan de Arista, Méx., Mexico
After your tour, head back to Mexico City, stopping by an obsidian workshop on the way to meet a local family and enjoy tastings of tequila, mezcal and liqueurs made from native cactus. You may also purchase lunch here (by your own) Your day trip ends with hotel drop-off.
Duration: 1 hour 40 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup and drop-off We pick up only in the following areas: Downtown, Zona Rosa, Reforma & Polanco
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It's recommended you wear sunblock, a hat and walking shoes
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.