From Kirkwall - Orkney Mainland Private Tour
Get ready for an incredible tour around Orkney!! Orkney is unique because of its Neolithic monuments. The group of monuments constitutes a major prehistoric cultural landscape which depicts life in this remote archipelago 5000 years ago.
We will drive through agricultural land to the shores of Scapa flow, a natural harbour located off the coast of Scotland
Then we will stop at Cuween Hill Chambered Cairn (to reach this attraction you need to walk for about 20 minutes).
A quick visit to The Stones of Stennes
Ring of Brodgar is our next attraction to visit
Skara Brae is one of the best-preserved stone-built Neolithic settlements. It is one of the most fascinating prehistoric villages
We will also stop at Skaill House.
Our last stop is an icon of Orkney’s rich archaeological heritage: Broch of Gurness (big coaches cannot reach this attraction so it will be replaced by Yesnaby).
PLEASE NOTE: WALKING INVOLVED
MISSING YOU ALREADY!!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Skara Brae and Skaill House Ticket included
- Broch of Gurness Ticket Included
- Private Tour
- Professional Local Guide
- Port or Hotel pick up and drop off
- Entry/Admission - Skara Brae
- Entry/Admission - Broch of Gurness
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Scapa Flow, Kirkwall Scotland
A natural harbour located off the coast of Scotland. It is known for its archaeological significance and also for its fascinating war stories. Listen to your guide!!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Cuween Hill Chambered Cairn, Cuween Hill Finstown, Kirkwall KW Scotland
This 5000-year-old Neolithic tomb is a fine example of Neolithic architectural design which gives evidence of complex burial rites. Bones of men, dogs and oxen were found buried here.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Standing Stones of Stenness, Stenness Scotland
Four giant megaliths which date back to 3100BC making it one of the oldest stone circles in Britain. Originally there were twelve stones, some standing up to six metres high. Today only four remain.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Ring of Brodgar, B9055 You do not need to book to get into this attraction. There is free access at all times., Stromness Scotland
Ring of Brodgar is the finest known circular late Neolithic or early Bronze Age stone ring. It is a site of ritual and ceremony and hauntingly beautiful. Get your cameras ready to take some great pictures!!
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Skara Brae B9056, Stromness KW16 3LR Scotland
Skara Brae is one of the best-preserved stone-built Neolithic settlements. It is one of the most fascinating prehistoric villages, the village is older than the Pyramids and Stonehenge. You will see the circular houses built from slabs of stone where our ancestors lived 5000 years ago.
We will also stop at Skaill House, a historic manor house which overlooks the Neolithic site Skara Brae and the spectacular Bay of Skaill.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Broch of Gurness, Evie Scotland
This impressive Iron Age complex is one of the most outstanding examples of a later prehistoric settlement to survive in Scotland.
Duration: 40 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- Hatston Pier Cruise Liner Berth, Hatston Pier, Kirkwall KW15 1ZL, UK
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 8 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We will be operating only with private groups, only your party, and we follow government mandates.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.