From Jim Thompson’s Silk to Madame Tussaud’s wax
An excursion that brings two totally opposite venues together. Jim Thompson’s House is dedicated to the pioneer in the Thai silk history as where Madame Tussauds’ expertise lies in the amazing craftsmanship in using wax to be up and close with your idol.
• Get to know the history of Thai silk in a stunning setting;
• Be mesmerized by the history behind Jim Thompson;
• See some of the world’s famous, crafted out of wax
• Two opposite venues will make for a great half day out
• Return transfers from and to the hotel are included
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request and may be subject to supplementary charges
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with professional driver.
- All entrance fees for visits as mentioned in the description.
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Entry/Admission - Jim Thompson House
- Entry/Admission - Madame Tussauds Bangkok
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- Compulsory Christmas, country-specific festival and/or New Year dinner at included hotels
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Jim Thompson House, 6, Soi Kasem San 2, Rama 1 Road Wang Mai, Pathum Wan, Bangkok 10330 Thailand
Our guide will pick you up from your hotel either in the morning (around 9 am) or in the afternoon (1 pm) and head to the city centre for a stop at Jim Thompson’s House of Silk, the home of James H.W. Thompson, a self-made American entrepreneur who was the founder of the world renowned Jim Thompson Thai Silk Company.
Thompson's achievements during his 25 year stay in the Kingdom of Thailand have won him much fame as the "Legendary American of Thailand". Since his mysterious disappearance in 1967 in the jungle of Malaysia, little has changed in the home that was the 'talk of the town' and the 'city's most celebrated social centre'. Once his official residence, this complex of Thai-style homes and ornamental gardens is a fine example of authentic Thai architecture. The home was constructed by skilfully combining multiple Thai houses. Even today, this museum contains an impressive collection of art, collectables and antique objects continues to be a key stop for visitors to Bangkok.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Madame Tussauds Bangkok, 989 Rama 1 6th Floor, Siam Discovery Shopping Center, Bangkok 10300 Thailand
Continue on foot to Madame Tussauds, the world's favourite wax museum opens its 10th attraction in Bangkok in December 2010. With over 75 wax figures and brimming with interactive experiences this so much more than just a wax museum. Every figure can be photographed and you will be able to mingle with the A-list on the red carpet, challenge your sport heroes as well as get on stage with your favorite pop stars. Divided into sections such as history, leaders, arts and science, sports, music, film, TV and Red Carpet, this attraction really provides ultimate ‘selfie’ opportunities.
We return back to your hotel where you will arrive 4 hours later.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located Bangkok hotels. Transfer outside these areas, supplements apply.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply.
- Transfers are only operated within the downtown Bangkok areas and restricted to main hotels only.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Regions outside the central business district such as Khao San Road, Rattanakosin, Nonthaburi, Thonburi, Minburi, both International Airports, Ratchadapisek and upper Sukhumvit (Soi 55 and further) are excluded and supplementary charges apply; we regret that we are unable to provide pick-up and drop-off transfer services from and to apartment complexes, local guest houses or private apartments.
- We regret that we are unable to provide pick-up and drop-off transfer services from and to apartment complexes, local guest houses or private apartments. We advise you kindly to head on your own arrangement to the nearest hotel inside the downtown Bangkok area.
- To respect local customs and respecting the religious sites and temples on this tour, it is customary for guests to take off their shoes before allowed entrance. Your guide will inform you in advance for which of these sites this is applicable.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It is the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- There will be ample time for customers to spend time on their own to admire the sites at their own pace or browse along the shops for souvenirs. When additional time needs to be allocated for more time at leisure or shopping, this can be discussed with the guide on spot.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- Guides are not permitted into the house for guiding purposes; the management of Jim Thompson’s House of Silk only allows in-house guides to conduct tours.
- Most travelers can participate
- In light of the recent government announcement on COVID-19. 4D Cinema at Madame Tussauds Bangkok are temporarily suspended from 18th-31st March 2020, or until the situation improves.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.