FROM Dead Sea | PETRA City Tour In One Day | Lunch & Admission fees included
From the relaxing shore of Dead Sea and through the beautiful landscapes of Wadi Namala. Visit the ancient city of Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage site filled with beautiful, sandstone ruins with this private tour from Amman. Your guide will take you through the site, showing you fantastic spots such as the Treasury, the Roman Theater, and the Temple of the Winged Lion, with time left over to enjoy a traditional lunch in Petra.
per adult from
10 to 11 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- Private transportation
- Landing and facility fees
- Entry/Admission - Al-Khazneh
- Entry/Admission - Siq
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Petra - Wadi Musa, Petra - Wadi Musa, Ma'an Governorate
Walk through the 1200m (2/3 mile) Siq to see the Treasury, the Street of Facades, passed the Theatre and down the Roman Street and have a panoramic view of the Royal Tombs. - Depending upon time available your will either have a lunch in a local Wadi Musa restaurant or a packed lunch - so as to maximise your viewing time
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Al-Khazneh, Petra - Wadi Musa Jordan
As the Siq becomes narrower and darker in the last few metres, the Al-Khazneh (Treasury) suddenly lights up at the end of the cleft. To stand in front of one of the most famous facades in the world is a magnificent experience, provided you get there before masses of tourists block the view.
The Nabataeans had staged this overture when entering their capital from the east in a far more imposing manner than the present sight suggests. The forecourt lay about 6 m lower, was paved, and might have contained a pond. An open staircase about 13 m length and more than 5 m width led over older graves (see below) to a terrace in front of the portico. The magnificent rock-cut mausoleum (25 m wide, 39 m high) was probably built during the second half of the reign of King Aretas IV (ruled 9 BC - 40 AD), but it is not known for whom. Traces of burnt incense found on the plaza suggest that Al Khazneh was an important pilgrimage site.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Siq, Petra - Wadi Musa Jordan
It is the ancient main entrance leading to the city of Petra, starts at the Dam and ends at the opposite side of the vault, a split rock with a length of about 1200m and a width of 3 to 12m, and height up to about 80m; most of the rock is natural and another part was sculptured by the Nabataeans. The Siq, the main road that leads to the city, starts from the Dam and ends at the Treasury. It is a rock canal that measures 160 meters in length, 3
to 12 meters in width and reaches up to 80 meters in height. The main part of the Siq is created by natural rock formation and the rest is carved by the Nabataeans.
At the beginning of the Siq, one can still view the remains of the city’s gate. On both sides of the Siq, there are channels to draw water from Wadi MAusa (the Valley of Moses), from outside the city to the inside.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Dead Sea Region, Dead Sea Region
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.