From Athens: Corinth Canal and Mycenae private tour
Admire The Corinth Canal, an engineering marvel that connects the Aegean with the Ionian sea. Then you will explore the ruins of Ancient Mycenae, home of the mythical Agamemnon. For 400 years (1600–1200 BC) this kingdom was the most powerful in Greece.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- private vip van or car with air-condition.
- English speaking driver.
What's excluded :
- entrance fees in the monuments.
- Entry/Admission - Archaeological Site Mycenae
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Corinth Canal, Isthmia, Corinth 201 00 Greece
. One hour drive away from Athens, in the area of Peloponnese and on our way to Mycenae you will be able to see the famous Corinth Canal. We make a quick stop at the canal to admire this engineering marvel that connects the Aegean with the Ionian sea.
-Stop at the Corinth canal for 20 min for photos
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Mycenae, Mycenae, Argolis Region, Peloponnese
After a brief Stop at the Canal we will continue towards Mycenae, one of the most important cities of ancient Greece. You will see the Mycenaean Acropolis, the tomb of Agamemnon and the ruins of the Cyclopean walls that protected this mighty city.You can also visit the archaeological Museum of Mycenae.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Archaeological Site Mycenae, Mycenae 21200 Greece
In the second millennium BC, Mycenae was one of the major centers of Greek civilization, a military stronghold which dominated much of southern Greece, Crete, the Cyclades and parts of southwest Anatolia. The period of Greek history from about 1600 BC to about 1100 BC is called Mycenaean in reference to Mycenae.
According to Homer, the city of Mycenae was founded by Perseus, the son of Danae and Zeus. By Agamemnon’s time the Royal House of Atreus was the most powerful of the Achaeans (Homer’s name for the Greeks).
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
The driver will be 15 min prior departure in front of your accommodation or your preferred pick uplocation.Please enter your pick up location, email or mobile phone so we can be in touch....Ports
- Piraeus port, Pireas 185 38, Greece
- Pireaus Cruise Ship Terminal "B", Pireas 185 38, Greece
- Cruise Ship Terminal C, Pireas 185 38, Greece
- Cruise Terminal A Gate 11, Akti Miaouli, Pireas 185 38, Greece
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Starting time up to your preference but we recommend between 08:00 / 9:00 to enjoy the most of your day
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.