FROM AMMAN | UMM Qais, Jerash & Ajloun | Half Day Tour
Explore northern Jordan’s historical highlights on this private, full-day Jerash, Ajloun, and Umm Qais tour from Amman. Discover the Greco-Roman ruins at Jerash, seeing its Oval Colonnade, temples, and more; and delve into 12th-century Ajloun Castle, built by Saladin’s forces. Finally, explore the remains of Umm Qais, another Greco-Roman city.
per adult from
8 to 9 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Restroom on board
- Private transportation
- WiFi on board
- Entry/Admission - Ajlun Castle (Qala'at ar-Rabad)
What's excluded :
- Personal Expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Umm Qais, Umm Qais, Irbid Governorate
In the northwestern corner of Jordan, in the hills above the Jordan Valley, are the ruins of the Decapolis city of Gadara, now called Umm Qais. The site is striking because of its juxtaposition of Roman ruins with an abandoned Ottoman-era village, as well as its tremendous vantage point, with views of three countries (Jordan, Syria, and Israel and the Palestinian Territories), encompassing the Golan Heights, Mt Hermon and the Sea of Galilee.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Jerash, Jerash, Jerash Governorate
Arriving in the modern town of Jerash, with its provincial streets and small market gardens, you see little to suggest its illustrious past. But the moment you cross from the new town into the ancient city, its boundary marked by the imposing Hadrian’s Arch, it becomes apparent that this was once no ordinary backwater but a city of great wealth and importance.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Ajlun Castle (Qala'at ar-Rabad), Ajlun Jordan
It may look a bit rough around the edges, but Ajloun (or Ajlun) is founded on an ancient market town and boasts a 600-year-old mosque with a fine stone-dressed minaret. Most visitors, however, don’t come to experience this chaotic little hub and its limited attractions: they come for the impressive castle perched atop a nearby hill, where it has commanded the high ground for nearly 1000 years.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Amman, Amman, Amman Governorate
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.