Fridays - Halloumi Heaven: Cheese-Making Class & Troodos Mountain Villages 8h
Hello from Cyprus Taste Tours! We're a friendly team of local guides all with Cypriot heritage. A group of true foodies, our activities focus on discovering Cyprus through food & wine...
There's nothing like tasting fresh, warm halloumi cheese straight out of the pot and on this small group excursion there will be plenty to enjoy throughout the day! During this unique experience you'll have the opportunity to get into nature, learn how to collect your own milk and make 2 kinds of cheese from start to finish. The workshop ends with a delicious brunch that includes the fresh cheeses made and lots more.
The activities don't end there as you'll be taken further into the Troodos mountain villages to visit other local producers and the quaint village of Lefkara. During this afternoon of exploring you'll taste Cyprus olive oil, local honey, wine, traditional sweets, chocolates along with other traditional delicacies!
Unlike other tours - EVERYTHING IS INCLUDED / NO HIDDEN COSTS!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea - Mountain tea, black tea and Cyprus coffee along with homemade lemonade is offered throughout the cheese-making workshop along with refreshing homemade lemonade. Bottled water throughout the tour.
- Brunch - We'll enjoy a delicious brunch along with the fresh cheeses made
- Snacks - There are tasting of local products along the way... honey, olives, traditional sweets, chocolates and more!
- Alcoholic Beverages - There's an optional wine tasting along the way
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All tasting and entrance fees
- Local bilingual guide - fully trained in the food & wine of Cyprus
- Support a small business along with the local culture
- A great day out! Check out our Cyprus Taste Tours reviews to find out why you should book this tour!
What's excluded :
- A fantastic way to explore with a local! Your guide will pick you up from an Ayia Napa / Protaras location of your choice & you’ll be driven into the Troodos mountain countryside to the house of a local village lady to learn the traditional technique of halloumi & anari cheese-making. This small group activity will start at the farm of our host where participants can learn how to milk the animals (goats & sheep) to collect their very own fresh milk. A tour of the cheese-making premises will follow where you'll be put to work to make your fresh halloumi cheese! This hands-on workshop ends with a traditional sit-down experience where you'll enjoy a delicious brunch which will include the cheeses made plus lots more.
We'll then continue our journey into the scenic mountain villages to visit a honey producer, traditional sweets workshop, winery (optional) and a local making products with donkey milk. Part of our touring will be a visit to Lefkara village where you’ll see the local ladies making the famous Cyprus lace plus time to shop & explore.
Any applicable entrance fees, tasting fees, door-to-door transport, traditional brunch, coffee & drinks are all included in the tour price.
• Pano Lefkara, Pano Lefkara, Larnaka District
• Kato Drys Bee & Embroidery Museum, Kato Dhrys Cyprus
• Golden Donkeys Farm, Skarinou Village, Skarinou 7731 Cyprus
• Ktima Christoudia Winery, 6, Ayiou Mina Road, Larnaca 4414 Cyprus
• Drinks included... - Tea, coffee & homemade lemonade are served throughout the cheese-making workshop.
• Brunch - A delicious brunch of the cheeses made along with village bread, farm fresh eggs, smoked ham, olives, tomatoes, cucumber, jams & honey.
• Tastings along the way... - At each stop after our cheese-making workshop there will be yummy tastings - honey, traditional sweets, wine, chocolates and more!
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We offer door-to-door transport from almost any Ayia Napa / Protaras location including hotels, airbnbs, private accommodation, landmarks etc. We can also offer pick-up or drop-off at Larnaca airport if this makes your participation more convenient. In the unlikely case that we cannot fulfil pick-up - a full refund will be processed.This tour runs on specific dates - if the available dates aren't suitable and you would like to take part in a food / wine experience on another day then please check Cyprus Taste Tours for our other options as we have activities running on every day of the week.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- We make sure our vehicles are cleaned and disinfected after every tour. Your safety is our priority and we assure you that we take precautionary measures seriously. We look forward to hosting you safely!
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.