Fridays - Garden-To-Plate: Cook With A Local & Small Group Villages Day Tour 8hr
Hello from Cyprus Taste Tours! We're a friendly team of local guides all with Cypriot heritage. A group of true foodies, our activities focus on discovering Cyprus through food & wine...
Don’t just eat Cypriot cuisine at Nicosia’s tavernas: delve deeper into the island’s food on a small-group countryside cooking class with a local TV chef. Visit the Troodos Mountains, explore a traditional village, and enjoy drinks and snacks with your chef in a country kitchen. Then, forage for ingredients, learn to make classic Cypriot dishes, and enjoy them with drinks alongside your fellow cooks. Return hotel transfers are included.
• Explore rural Cypriot food on a small-group cooking class from Nicosia
• Go beyond menus and recipes: immersive experience with a local TV chef
• Visit the Troodos Mountains, go foraging, and learn to make local dishes
• Includes snacks, homemade lunch, drinks, and return hotel transfers for ease
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Unlike other tours... EVERYTHING IS INCLUDED - NO HIDDEN COSTS
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Welcome breakfast & drinks
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Suitable for vegetarians / vegans / gluten-free
- Local bilingual guide - fully trained in the food & wine of Cyprus
- Support a small business along with the local culture
- A great day out! Check out our Cyprus Taste Tours reviews to find out why you should book this tour!
What's excluded :
- Put your chef hat on and come with us to experience our unique cooking class in the Troodos mountain countryside. A chance to learn authentic recipes first-hand in a beautiful village house with a fantastic TV chef! Before heading to your cooking class you'll visit a charming village to explore traditional products made by local families. Once we arrive at the cooking class location, you’ll meet the celebrity chef behind the experience and greeted with a welcome breakfast and coffee or drink of your choice. With the break over, you’ll be taken to the neighbouring fields of the chef for foraging and collection of ingredients for the day’s meal. The experience ends with a traditional sit-down experience where you'll enjoy the dishes you prepared together with your group!
Our team guarantees you a fantastic day out - we'll make the most of your time with us and take you on a bespoke journey through Cyprus villages. We're all fully trained in the traditional foods & wine of the island and you'll be sure to receive a professional service. When booking with Cyprus Taste Tours - you'll be supporting a small local business and helping to keep the culture & traditions of the island alive!
• Troodos Mountains, Troodos Cyprus
• Agros, Agros, Limassol
• Traditional Village Salad - You'll make a traditional Cyprus salad with garden fresh vegetables!
• Seasonal Side Dish - You'll learn to cook 1 seasonal side dish - The dish you'll make will depend on what's in season!
• Mousaka - Layered vegetables (courgette/zucchini, potato, aubergine/eggplant) topped with minced meat and béchamel sauce.
Vegetarian alternative also available.
• Gemista - Vegetables stuffed with a mixture of rice, spices and mince meat then cooked to perfection in the oven.
Vegetarian / Vegan alternative also available.
• Baklava - Layered filo pastry filled with a sweet nut mix & topped with an orange peel & spice syrup.
Gluten-free alternative also available.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We offer door-to-door transport from almost any Nicosia location (within the Republic of Cyprus) including hotels, airbnbs, private accommodation, landmarks etc. We can also offer pick-up or drop-off at Larnaca airport if this makes your participation more convenient. In the unlikely case that we cannot fulfil pick-up - a full refund will be processed.This tour runs on specific dates - if the available dates aren't suitable and you would like to take part in a food / wine experience on another day then please check Cyprus Taste Tours for our other options as we have activities running on every day of the week.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.