Frascati Stroll: Eat Drink Like A Local (Small Group Walking Tour)
Discover Frascati, the pearl of the ancient wine-producing area of the Castelli Romani! Experience a taste of everyday life in this laidback locale with its unique mix of countryside living + small town sophistication. Take a traditional evening “passagiata” (stroll) through the historic center stopping to sample typical specialties and meet the high-spirited proprietors. Sip local wines & savor more than 10 taste samples: from savory & sweet baked items, a selection of fried delicacies, to artisanal gelato. Book this tour at the start of your Frascati visit & I promise that you will never have to take a wrong bite while here!
ABOUT ME: Residing in Frascati since 2002, I am a food/wine-obsessed American married to a like-minded Roman. From the women in my Italian family, I was introduced to the finest local purveyors who offer the highest quality products. I am not a traditional or history-focused tour guide; what I am is a passionate curator of gastronomic experiences. Come join me!
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Wine Tasting
- Generous samples of excellent local food
- Intimate, small group - 7 guests or less
- BONUS: Ever Fly Top Frascati Recommendations (PDF)
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Villa Aldobrandini, Via Cardinale Guglielmo Massaia 18, 00044, Frascati Italy
Vatican prelate Alessandro Rufini built the original villa in 1550. The villa has an imposing 17th century facade and some other interesting architectural and environmental features, such as the double gallery order on the rear facade, the spiral-shaped flights, the large exedra of the Water Theatre and a magnificent park. The top of the garden in the villa has remained derelict and damaged since the American bombing during the Allied invasion in World War II.
Pass By: Chiesa di Santa Maria in Vivario, Via Luigi Cadorna, 6, 00044, Frascati Italy
Constructed in 1305, it is the oldest church in the Castelli Romani and has a beautiful bell tower.
Pass By: Palazzo Vescovile, Piazza Paolo III, Frascati Italy
The Bishop's Palace: Historic medieval palace which faces Piazza San Rocco with a breathtaking view. The Bishop of Frascati resides here.
Departure Point :Monumento ai Caduti, 00044 Frascati, Metropolitan City of Rome, Italy
Departure Time :10/29/2019 - 10/28/2021
Tuesday - Saturday: 04:30 PM - 07:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers who don't drink alcoholic beverages such as wine.
- Not recommended for travelers who are unable to climb short flights of stairs.
- Not recommended for restricted diets such as vegan, gluten free, etc. Meat & pork products will be served.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.