Fountains, Squares and Gelato
Take a break from the blood, gore and glory of Ancient Rome and indulge in some of the city’s finer treats with our Fountains, Squares and Gelato’s tour.
Our tour will take you from the glory days of the Roman Empire through to the sparkling inspiration of the Renaissance Period and back again, exploring how Rome’s many piazza’s - and the churches, fountains and statues that inhabit them - have played their part in cultivating the city’s rich and sprawling history.
Part way through we’ll pause at one of our favourite local spots to enjoy some of Italy’s finest artisan gelato. Produced with locally-sourced ingredients, this stuff is some of the most mouth-wateringly smooth, rich and creamy ice cream you’re ever likely to taste.
This route covers about 2 kilometres in total and is conducted at a leisurely pace that is suitable for all. The tour duration is around 2 hours.
per adult from
What's included :
- Snacks - Italian Gelato
- Guided Tour
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Monumento a Vittorio Emanuele II, Piazza Venezia, 00186 Rome Italy
The tallest of Rome's buildings, built to remember the first king of a united Italy.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Trevi Fountain, Piazza di Trevi, 00187 Rome Italy
Undeniably one of Rome’s most romantic spots, the beautiful Fontana Di Trevi is the pinnacle of Baroque architecture. We'll spend around 30 minutes here, giving you time to throw coins, make wishes and visit our favourite gelato spot.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Pantheon, Piazza della Rotonda, 00186 Rome Italy
Surrounded by rustic cobbled alleyways, the towering Pantheon (formerly a Temple, nowadays a church) seems to appear from nowhere. Built by Emperor Hadrian nearly 2000-years-ago, it remains to this day the largest unreinforced concrete dome in the world. We will go inside the Pantheon and explore the surrounding square, spending around 20 minutes here in total.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Piazza Navona, 00186 Rome Italy
We finish on a high at the stunning and vibrant Piazza Navona - one of Rome’s most famous landmarks. Featuring three magnificent fountains and the classic Baroque church of Sant’Agnese in Agone. We’ll spend 20 minutes here before ending the tour - after which you can explore some of the many nearby bars and restaurants (or if you’re feeling cheeky go and grab some more gelato).
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Trajan's Column, Via dei Fori Imperiali, 00187 Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :5:00 PM
Return Detail :Piazza Navona, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.