Former capital of the Bulgarian empire - Veliko Tarnavo, Private tour
This day-trip to Bulgaria will take you to see the best of Bulgaria in one day.
We pickup you in the morning and go to the Romanian-Bulgarian border (you will need your passports) after you will arrive at the Basarbavo Rock Church - a cave Monastery - It is the only active cave monastery in the modern history of Bulgaria.
Next stop will be done in Veliko Turnovo, the capital of the second Bulgarian Empire where you can tour inside the Tsarevets Fortress, built in the 12th century.
Step back in time on the Samovodene Artisans Street packed with workshops of locals where you can find a coppersmith, silversmith, icon painter and many more.
Drive up to Arbanassi Village, an architectural reserve unique in Bulgaria. Visit the interior of Konstantilieva House, a merchants house from the 17th century.
After we will came back în Bucharest.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- WiFi on board
- Personalized tour - at request - We offer flexibility around the pace and itinerary
- 30 minutes free time at souvenir shops in Veliko
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - St. Dimitrii of Basarbovo Monastery
- Entry/Admission - Tsarevets
- Entry/Admission - Konstantsalieva House
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: St. Dimitrii of Basarbovo Monastery, Basarbovo 7071 Bulgaria
The Monastery of Saint Dimitar Basarbowski – is a Bulgarian-orthodox cave monastery near the city of Ruse in north-eastern Bulgaria.
It has the same name as the nearby village of Basarbovo and lies about 35 metres above the river Rusenski Lom, south of the Danube.
The oldest written mention of the monastery dates to the 15th century in an Ottoman tax register.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Tsarevets, Tsar Asen Square, Veliko Tarnovo 5000 Bulgaria
Is a medieval stronghold located on a hill with the same name in Veliko Tarnovo in northern Bulgaria.
Tsarevets is 206 metres (676 ft) above sea level. It served as the Second Bulgarian Empire's primary fortress and strongest bulwark from 1185 to 1393, housing the royal and the patriarchal palaces, and is a popular tourist attraction.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Samovodska Charshia Market, ul. "Georgi S. Rakovski" 33, 5000 g.k. Varusha - north, Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria
Is a must visit Market Street where people sold there hand-made products in the 19th century.
Nowadays the street is a tourist attraction where one can see renovated old houses, various traditional craft workshops, bakeries, pastry shops and so called Hadji Nikoly Inn build in 1858.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Konstantsalieva House, Ul. Kapitan Pavel Gramadov, Arbanasi 5029 Bulgaria
The Arbanasi village it is known for the rich history and large number of historical monuments, such as 17th- and 18th-century churches and examples of Bulgarian National Revival architecture, which have turned it into a popular tourist destination.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Otopeni Intl Airport, Bucharest Romania
- Baneasa Airport, Bucharest Romania
- Giurgiu Port S.A., Str. Portului, 1, Giurgiu, Giurgiu, 080013, Giurgiu, Romania
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Passport is required to cross the border into Bulgaria.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.