Forest Bathing in a Rain Forest
The NY Times has recommended this experience as 1 of the top things to do in Honolulu. Forbes named Forest Bathing Hawaiʻi's walks in the top 5 "incredible once-in-a-lifetime travel experiences that should be on every intrepid traveler's bucket list." Participants have said how this experience was the best way to start their vacation.
On this gentle, mindful walk on the verdant grounds of the Lyon Arboretum, you'll leave behind the stresses of the world and get in touch with the healing powers of the forest. As we move through about a mile of easy trail over the course of the 2-hour experience, your certified forest therapy guide will offer a series of “invitations” to help you re-connect with nature through your senses. Forest therapy is an evidence-based practice inspired by the Japanese "Shinrin-yoku" (translates to "forest bathing"), now a global wellness movement.
per adult from
What's included :
- Light refreshments in a take-home "goodie" bag
- Professional guide, certified by the Association of Nature and Forest Therapy Guides and Programs, also certified in Wilderness First Aid
- Snacks - A bite-sized pack of macadamia nuts will also be found in your take-home goodie bag. For health and safety reasons, we will not be eating or drinking together during the experience.
- Coffee and/or Tea - A take-home bottle of Shaka Tea. Brewed with sustainably grown and handpicked māmaki, revered for centuries as a health tonic, and found in only one place in the world: the Hawaiian Islands.
- Landing and facility fees
- Entry/Admission - Lyon Arboretum
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lyon Arboretum, 3860 Manoa Rd University of Hawaii-Manoa, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96822-1198
A experience of the growing global wellness movement inspired by the Japanese practice of Shinrin-yoku (forest bathing) with Hawaiʻi's first certified guide. With a small group of others seeking a deeper connection to nature, you'll take a gentle walk through the man-made rain forest of the Arboretum. Your guide will offer a series of sensory-opening invitations with opportunities to sit in quiet contemplation, as well as interact with other participants. COVID-19 mitigations (such as facial coverings and physical distancing) have been incorporated and are required of all participants.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :1: Lyon Arboretum, 3860 Manoa Rd, Honolulu, HI 96822, USA
2: Lyon Arboretum, 3860 Manoa Rd, Honolulu, HI 96822, USA
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 16 years; however, private tours can be arranged for families (advance notice required)
- A small amount of walking is involved (less than a mile)
- Trails are well-maintained, but there are some slight elevation changes, and due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Operates in most weather conditions, please be prepared with a rain jacket or poncho. Tour will be canceled in case of heavy storms or other unsafe conditions.
- At all times of the year, recommend light-weight long-sleeved shirt and long pants, covered shoes with good traction, hat, and sunglasses.
- Additionally, please bring and apply your own insect repellant, sunscreen, and hand sanitizing product..
- A casual backpack to carry your water bottle and the above supplies will help keep your hands free.
- Please inform you guide in advance of any allergies or medical conditions that may arise.
- Required signature of Forest Bathing Hawai'i's liabilty waiver, found at bit.ly/fbhiwaiver2020. Sign before 12 hours in advance of start time.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Participants must bring and wear their own cloth facial covering while on the Arboretum grounds.
- Not sick with COVID-19 or any other communicable disease within the last 15 days.
- Not tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 15 days.
- Not feeling well in the days prior to or the day of the walk; i.e. fever, dry cough, fatigue.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless electronic waiver. An outdoor, open air experience observing measures to limit exposure (regulated number of people allowed into the Arboretum for a maximum of two hours). Restrooms not currently available at the Arboretum.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.