Food Walk Tour Chennai
Chennai is a royal destination and for centuries it is known for its rich and yummy food culture, we are fortunate today that this rich food culture is preserved in the form of small food joints by some thoughtful people for generations.
We have designed this amazing experience for you with an intention to take you to these places for food tasting, so that you can also cherish this food, feast your taste buds and have a fabulous and lasting impression.
per adult from
What's included :
- Highly trained and friendly Storyteller/ Guide who can speak English & Hindi
- Food Tasting
- Great conversations, interesting stories, local tips and recommendations
What's excluded :
- Hotel Pickup and Drop
- Bottled Water
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chennai (Madras), Chennai (Madras), Chennai District, Tamil Nadu
We don't want to spill the beans and kill the excitement, so come on this walking tour and explore the best of the food in Chennai (unknown to major tourists) that you would easily miss if you are exploring the city on our own.
1. Stroll the lanes with oldest food shop of the city of lakes, taste variety of local Kerala snacks like idiyappam, nuller puttu, payamburi, dhokla, chips, variety of namkeens and kerala halwa, taste of these will definitely delight you.
2. Witness the preparation of the most celebrated sweets in the coastal state, some delicacies that even though did not originate from Chennai but still are a part of its rich cuisine for centuries.
3. Sip a cup of chai tea in clay pot with unmatched views of Chennai, admire its beauty while doing what people like doing – eat.
4. Taste Chennai Sweets, and different variety of mouth freshener, Chaat ect. and end the walk with a delicious dessert.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :KING GEORGE V STATUE, Esplanade, George Town, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600001, India
Return Detail :Anna Pillai Street, Anna Pillai St, George Town, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600001, India
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.