Food Trail In Sowcarpet With Transport And Dinner - Chennai
Put on your walking shoes and get ready to explore the streets of Sowcarpet - one of the oldest markets in Chennai for a scrumptious food trail. Walk through the market sampling the very best local street food. And that is simply for starters. Fascinating stories and great food vie for your attention on a trail that is best experienced on an empty stomach! Hear stories of men and women and their passion for food, of local food fetishes, and of jealously guarded secret recipes.
• Walk through one of the oldest markets of Chennai
• Sample street foods
• Hear tales about people and their passion for food
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- Food tasting and dinner (excluding beverages)
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
What's excluded :
- Food or drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sowcarpet, Chennai (Madras) India
You will be picked up from your hotel and driven to Sowcarpet market where you will be met by your guide. Your guide will then take you to some of the best street food stalls of the area.
Sweet and savory dishes like the Murukku sandwich, Thattu idly and Palkova are some of the foods you will get to sample on this trail. Understand local food habits, customs and superstitions and take back fascinating trivia related to the origins and varieties of popular local foods. So come, if you are a foodie, adventurous and very, very hungry. The tour price includes all the street food you can eat on this trail. We believe that dinner is not necessary after this. But in case you would like to have dinner (beverage excluded), you may enjoy that in a local restaurant.
After dinner you will be dropped back at your hotel.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Chennai (Madras), Chennai (Madras), Chennai District, Tamil Nadu
Departure Time :4:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
- Minimum 02 pax are required to operate this tour.
- Children below 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Not recommended for pregnant women and people with back problems.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Comfortable walking shoes, sunglasses, sunscreen and hats are highly recommended.
- Sowcarpet remains closed on Sundays.
- Name and gender as on passport, passport number, expiry date and country of issuance are required at time of booking. Please carry the passport on the day of the tour.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.