Food Tour of Benares - the Food Specialties of Kashi / Varanasi / the Ghats
Walking in the narrow lanes of Varanasi is like teleporting in the past. Suddenly you are in the 16th century at a market filled with delicacies and spices. Such is the magic of Varanasi, it stemples, ghats, and the Ganges. The authenticity and variety of food one can get in Varanasi is surprising and delighting. Enrich your culinary journey with the history of the food, community, and the city with your guide. You will be walking through some of the less explored, narrow corners of this vibrant market as you meet and interact with locals. You will be picked up from your hotel/airport in an air-conditioned car and will reach the food street in the evening. Have fun eating the hot and crispy Poori or Kachori, stuffed with dal, and served with spicy potato gravy. Enjoy hot Jalebi, tomato Chaat, Lassi, and Aloo Tikki. Taste a local drink known as Mishrambhu and Finally enjoy the best paan of Varanasi at a famous shop. After enjoying the food tour, we will drop you back to your hotel.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- Varanasi is the city of ancient temples, the River Ganges, Ghats, and arts and crafts. Tourists come from all around the world to visit this historical city of lord Shiva. Use this tour to connect with the street food culture and traditional local cuisine of Varanasi. A guide will accompany you, which will make you the most popular food joints and let you taste the best food. Also, he will narrate the history of the food and the city. Enjoy the stories of the past and present of this beautiful food while having a sumptuous meal. You will visit through the ghats, markets and narrow streets in the evening when everything lights up.
• Dashashwamedh Ghat, Dasaswamedh Godowlia, Bharuch 392001 India
• Tea - Freshly Made Chai in Traditional Clay Cup
• Tomato Chaat - Tomatoes fried with chickpeas and tamarind paste garnished with onion and coriander.
• Jalebi - A hot dessert made up of fried refined flour, served with curd
• Puri-Sabzi - A hot and crispy bread (Poori/Kachori) is stuffed with dal and served with spicy potato gravy.
• Aloo Chat - Mashed potatoes deep fried in pure ghee
• Malai Toast - Fresh Cream on Toasted Bread - This is usually available in winter but we will ensure that this is included in our food tour
• Lassi - Yoghurt is served in earthen pot (kulladh)
• Mishrambhu - A drink considered nectar by the locals
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please let us know your location of hotel/airport/railway station. We will pick you in an air-conditioned car.Airports
- Varanasi Airport, Varanasi India
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 12/12/2020 - 6/30/2021
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 08:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.