Fogo Island: Hike to the peak of the Vulcano (2829 m)
A climb of just over 2800 meters that requires effort and the support of the guide, In total, the ascent and descent can take anything from 3 to 6 hours depending on your fitness. Our guide is highly recommended, not only for safety reasons, but also to enrich your experience. During your hike, he will provide you with plenty of information, and you will be able to find out first-hand what it’s like to have experienced a volcanic eruption and its consequences. Do not waste time, if you want to come to the island of Fogo is inevitable to climb the Volcano. Venturing into this wonder leaves unforgettable moments and memories of incredible views.
Explore the Highest Point of Cape Verde from Chã das Caldeiras
Enjoy a 360 degree panoramic view from the top of the volcano
Be Dazzled with the Beauty of the Volcano and it´s surroundings .
Experience the unique contrasts between lava and soil.
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Liability insurance
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Fogo, Fogo
Get picked up at your accommodation and depart towards the Volcano.
Stop At: Cha das Caldeiras, Cha das Caldeiras, Fogo
Marvel with the view from the mountain foot, with a regular, active volcanic cone, where the last eruption was in 2014.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Pico Do Fogo, Cha das Caldeiras, Fogo Cape Verde
Time to start the real adventure: Clibing the highest mountain on the island. Start the ascent that requires support of the guide which will adjust the climbing rate according to your skills. After 3 - 4 hours, reach the highest peak of Cape Verde. From the top of the volcano, the highest mountain in Cape Verde reaching 2829 meters, and the third highest mountain in the Atlantic Ocean, contemplate an unforgettable 360 degrees panoramic view over the whole Fogo Island with the privilege to see the other Islands too if the weather is good. Next, take a walk through the crater and feel the sensation of touching the sky above the clouds. The surroundings of the volcano are deep black and either composed of lava coast of Fogo island, very fertile with lush green vegetation. From there, the guide will broaden your knowledge of the eruption that has left the entire city covered with lava. After a picnic, start the descent running down toward the small peak in the lava ash, an experience not to miss.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Fogo, Fogo
After doing one of the best things to do in Cape Verde, the tour concludes with walking back to your accommodation.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up at any place in the Fogo IslandAirports
- Sao Filipe Airport, Fogo Cape Verde
- Port of Fogo
Departure Time :5:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.