Fly a Plane in New Orleans: No Experience or License Required
Learn how to fly a plane in New Orleans on an exhilarating 50-minute flying lesson that includes sights of the mighty Mississippi River, the historical French Quarter and Mercedes-Benz Superdome! The must-do experience includes 20 minutes of pre-flight ground instruction, followed by 30 minutes in the air under the watchful eye of the pilot — an instructor certified by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). Help control the plane during takeoff and landing, and enjoy your airborne time to take control and maneuver the plane through the skies! No license or prior experience is necessary.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional commercial pilot certified by the FAA with 20,000 hours of combined experience
- Live commentary
- 20 minutes of ground instruction
- 30 minutes of dual flight time
- You must call supplier 12 hrs in advance to confirm time & observer (add'l fee req., max. 2 allowed)
- First Flight Certificate
What's excluded :
- Instructor Gratuity
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: French Quarter, New Orleans, LA
You will get to see the highlights of the French Quarter as you fly over it during your airplane lesson.
Pass By: Mercedes-Benz Superdome, 1500 Poydras St, New Orleans, LA 70112-1216
You will get a great view of both the Mercedes-Benz Superdome and neighboring Smoothie King Center as you fly over New Orleans.
Pass By: Mississippi River, LA
You will have the chance to follow the Mississippi for a little bit as it winds through New Orleans.
Pass By: New Orleans Aerial Tours & Flight Training, 5701 Walter Beech St, New Orleans, LA 70126-8021
This is your starting and ending point for your tours, located at Lakefront Airport in New Orleans.
Departure Point :New Orleans Aerial Tours & Flight Training, 5701 Walter Beech St, New Orleans, LA 70126, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please note: you must call supplier 12 hours in advance of travel date to confirm a flight time and observer attendance (additional observer fee to be paid, maximum of 2 observers allowed), observers are not guaranteed unless they have been confirmed prior to date of travel.
- Minimum age is 10 years to enjoy a lesson, minimum age is 5 years to be an observer.
- A minimum of 1 person per booking is allowed per lesson. An additional passenger may be added as an observer for an additional fee (must contact supplier).
- A maximum of 3 people per booking (includes observers).
- Dress code is weather dependent; there is no air conditioning in the summer months.
- Food and drinks are not allowed on the aircraft.
- There are no restrooms on board.
- No large bags are allowed on the aircraft, only small purses and bags.
- This lesson is not recommended for those who are prone to motion sickness, please take the necessary precautions as refunds will not be provided in matters regarding these situations. Pregnant women are recommended to speak with their physician before flying.
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking, the combined weight must not exceed 450 lbs and no individual can exceed 300 lbs.
- You will be required to sign a safety waiver before take-off.
- Flight time is defined as the time from engine start to engine shutdown. This includes the time it takes to get from the ramp to the runway and back, before and after takeoff and landing.
- You will be required to provide photo ID at time of arrival.
- In the event of a unique weather situation, we will reschedule at no charge to you to another date and time within two weeks of the original booking, so please have an alternate date and time in mind. Refunds are not available if a flight must be rescheduled due to weather conditions.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Only scheduled guests allowed. If temp. is high, you can't fly (fee applies). Masks avail. for purchase. All guests req'd to purchase a mic cover for flight (we can’t sanitize it). After 5:30pm, you'll need to prepurchase/bring exact change. Waiver, incl. COVID-19 liability release, req'd per guest.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.