Floyd's Pelican Bar Private Tour
if you are looking for the perfect "Get Away From it All" experience then look no further than the Pelican Bar, a rustic wooden bar built on a sandbank a quarter of a mile out to sea, half-way between Black River and Treasure Beach. The Pelican Bar is the perfect place to spend the day being busy doing nothing, sunbath, drink beer, swim in the shallow waters, eat fresh fried fish or even bring along your fishing gear to catch your own dinner.
The Pelican Bar quite literally began life as a dream, local fisherman Floyd Forbes dreamt one night of a bar built out to sea, resting on stilts. The clarity of the dream inspired Forbes to set about building this bar, which he did by transporting large planks of wood on his fishing boat. In 2001 the bar was completed and it was named "The Pelican Bar" after the large flocks of Pelicans who rested on the sandbank. It was originally used by Floyd and his friends to sit and take a break from a hard day's fishing.
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Fuel surcharge
- Private transportation
- Bottled water
- Complementary Red Stripe Beer
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Floyd's Pelican Bar
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Floyd's Pelican Bar, Caribbean Sea | 1/2 mi NW of Treasure Beach, Treasure Beach Jamaica
Between Treasure Beach and Black River you will be taken by a fishing boat to a rustic wooden bar built on a sand bar a quarter mile out to sea. The Pelican Bar is the perfect place to sunbathing, drinking beer, swimming and eating fresh fried fish. The Pelican Bar began as local fisherman Floyd Forbes dream of a bar built out to sea, resting on stilts. Large wooden planks were transported on his fishing boat. In 2001 the bar was completed and it was named "The Pelican Bar" after the large flocks of Pelicans who rested on the sand bank. It soon became popular by locals and tourists as a place of picture perfect serenity. Watch the beautiful sunset (weather permitting) as well as the cliff diving and listen to the Reggae Band. A perfect place to sit back, relax with a cocktail in hand. The boat ride is between 15- 20 minutes but worth the travel.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Traveller pickup is offeredIf your hotel is not listed please type the name when booking.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- infant seats are available up-on request
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.