Flower hunting in Kyoto with Mori the Doggo (Online experience)
If you love gardens and flowers you'll find yourself wondering about the plants you'll find when you visit Japan. You'll get an introduction to the resources you can use to identify them for yourself, hear centuries-old haiku (still modern!) about them, and even peer at them closely with a magnifying loupe, all without leaving the comfort of your couch.
Mori, formerly a wild dog from the mountains, will accompany your guide throughout the experience. She's an expert at choosing twigs, and even turns up her nozzle at toxic plants. She now takes her walk around the Kyoto Imperial Palace every day and is a true local expert. Join us in sniffing out the best wildflowers of summer.
per adult from
What's included :
- 75-minute guided tour on Zoom
What's excluded :
Teleport to the Kyoto Gyoen National Garden, at the very center of Kyoto, Japan's ancient capital. There are 50,000 trees here, but most people walk right by the wildflowers at their feet. Together with Mori the Doggo, you’ll discover flowers that you can only find in Japan, and others that you definitely will find in your backyard, wherever you are.
We'll start at the main gate of the Kyoto Imperial Palace (reserved solely for the Emperor of Japan), and make our way through the quiet meadows of former aristocratic estates. Then we'll get close to the ground to examine the wildflowers that are blossoming at the Kyoto Gyoen National Garden with magnifying loupes.
Hear how some flowers can be used in traditional medicine, and learn about the reference books and websites that you can use to identify plants yourself. Then we'll visit a 1,000-year-old well, one of the oldest in the country, to get fresh water for Mori.
Join us in sniffing out Kyoto's fascinating wildflowers without leaving the comfort of your home!
Note: This is an online experience, so if you book one slot, you're welcome to have anyone home with you join in.
• Kyoto Gyoen National Garden, Kamigyo-ku Area around Kyoto Gosho, Kyoto 602-0881 Kyoto Prefecture
Departure Point :Kyoto Imperial Palace, 3 Kyōtogyoen, Kamigyo Ward, Kyoto, 602-0881, Japan
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.