Florence Safari Kids Tour
Take a fun tour of Florence with your family, discovering the Tuscan city through the marble animals populating the city!
In this 3 hours walking tour, your guide will point out Florence's main highlights through stories and anecdotes about its animal statues! Discover the medieval alleys of Florence city center through the help of your family-oriented private guide and learn more about the powerful families and the legends hidden behind statues and palaces.
Start from Republic Square and head to Signoria Square. Take the change to play and guess the history behind the Neptune Fountain, having fun with your family!
Hunt for the Coat of Arms and animals related to the Florentine powerful families. This is an interactive tour for families with children who want to enjoy Florence with an outdoor walking tour of the city.
per adult from
What's included :
- Private child friendly guide for 3 hours
- Local guide
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Our tour will start in Piazza Santa Maria Novella where our little guests have to search for the first animals of this incredible walking tour through the symbol of the city in his animals and statues.
Here we will talk about the Medici family his most famous member Cosimo I de' Medici. Here we can find his symbols and his motto “Festina Lente”.
We will continue towards Palazzo Strozzi, owned by the rival family of Medici, and incredible building with lots of decoration and interesting symbols. Nearby there is also the Corner of the Devil with curious figures decorating the corner. The next stop is Piazza della Repubblica centre of the city and ancient forum.
The kids will admire later the famous “pig market” where not only the gigantic statue of a wild boar it is waiting for them but also many others little animals represent in the fountain famous for his legend.
From the Pig market we will look at the incredible Ponte Vecchio and later the Georgofili building and a modern statue that it is the symbol of what happened here in the 1993.
The tour will continue to Signoria Square and Uffizi square. Discover here what the mines are representing . They look so real that could be statue!!!!
Then the Perseus, the Great lions inside the Palazzo Vecchio symbol of the political power of the republic of Florence. The statues here are many and from The Ercole to the Neptune you can find a lots of interesting stories and symbols. After this stop we will continue to visit Orsanmichele Church. The head quarter of the Guilds of Florence where artist of various type works to deliver incredible statues still standing there.
The tour will continue to The cathedral and the kids have to find all the animals represent on the front of the church but also on his side.The tour will end with the Palazzo Medici Riccardi and the incredible decoration in the window that Michelandgelo invented.
Departure Point :Piazza di Santa Maria Novella, P.za di Santa Maria Novella, 50123 Firenze FI, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 4 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 3 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.