Floating Markets of Damnoen Saduak
Seen as the mother of all Thai markets, and based on ancient principles of buying and selling merchandise to even the more remote communities in Thailand, the Danmern Saduak Floating Market is an institution in its own right. For years, paddle boats sail up and down the narrow canals of the Ratchaburi province, approximately 110 kilometres southwest of Bangkok, where a plethora of food, snacks and fruit are bringing an explosion of colours and smells across the market. With its immense popularity, this morning-only trading ground has further expanded with souvenirs of all kinds, yet the foundation of this market remains untouched; to maintain the country’s trading history by using its canals and thoroughfares as transportation ‘roads’.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Transportation by car / mini-van / coach with professional driver.
- A professional English-speaking guide.
- All entrance and donation fees for visits as mentioned in the description.
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees.
- Transfers from and to airport, sea/river ports, train stations that are located inside or outside of the city center and others are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
- Transfers from and to hotels and resorts that are located outside of the city center are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Maeklong Railway Market (Talad Rom Hub), Si Champa Alley, Mae Klong 75000 Thailand
We will pick you up in the early morning from your hotel lobby and accompanied by your guide and driver, we head out in the direction of the Ratchaburi province to the Damnern Saduak Floating Market, one of Thailand’s icons. It will take approximately 2 hours to reach the marketing and buzzing place which is at its best in the early morning before the crowds arrive and the heat of the day builds up.
First, we head down to the authentic rural Maeklong Station Market, a vibrant place to see the various fresh fruits and vegetable produces from the region displayed here.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Damnoen Saduak Floating Market, Damnoun Saduak, Ratchaiburi, Damnoen Saduak 70130 Thailand
After Maeklong, we will visit the famous Damnern Saduak Floating Market which is seen as one of Bangkok’s icons. It dates back to 1866 when King Rama IV ordered that a canal 32 kilometres long be dug at Damnern Saduak to connect the Mae Klong and Tacheen Rivers.
The Floating Market is an ideal place for tourists to see the old style and traditional way of selling and buying fruits, vegetables and other from small boats. Tourists will also be able to see traditional Thai houses and the way locals use boats in their everyday lives.
During your visit, there will be lots of activity and bargaining is part of the fun of the sale. The market’s popularity among visitors has grown over the years and outside the traditional means of selling and trading food and drinks, souvenir shops around the market are home to some of the best local handicraft one can buy.
We head back to Bangkok where our guide and driver will drop you off at your booked hotel in the Thai capital
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick-up from your hotel located in Bangkok city center.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is operated both on private basis as well as on joint / Seat-In-Coach basis. Joint tours are operated with an English-speaking guide only.
- Transfers are only operated within the downtown Bangkok areas and restricted to main hotels only. Regions outside the central business district such as Khao San Road, Rattanakosin, Nonthaburi, Thonburi, Minburi, both International Airports, Ratchadapisek and upper Sukhumvit (Soi 55 and further) are excluded and supplementary charges apply.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- We regret that are unable to provide pick-up and drop-off transfer services from and to apartment complexes, local guest houses or private apartments. We advise you kindly to head on your own arrangement to the nearest hotel inside the downtown Bangkok area. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- There will be ample time for customers to spend time on their own to admire the sites at their own pace or browse along the shops for souvenirs. When additional time needs to be allocated for more time at leisure or shopping, this can be discussed with the guide on spot.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- This tour is operated only in the morning.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.