Flavours of Penang - Shore Excursion from Penang (Georgetown)
If you love exotic food or if you’d like to try new flavours, you can’t miss this tour!
Penang is known as “food paradise” due to its cuisine of multicultural diversity where vendors, known as Hawker’s Cook, offer these specialities in small stalls.
The amazing fresh food and the culture of Penang merge together in this fabulous half day tour, where you will have a vast choice of delicacies of different blends deriving from the influence of other Asian countries like Indian, Chinese, Thai, Malay & Peranakan.
per adult from
What's included :
- Cruise Port pickup and Drop Off
- Professional English-Speaking Guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Penang Road Rattan Shop
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Penang Road Rattan Shop, 358, Jalan Penang, George Town, Penang Island 10000 Malaysia
You will be met at the port by a Cruising Excursions representative who will then guide you to your air conditioned transportation ready to commence your tour.
Enjoy Penang's vast choice of flavours in this half day tour where our guide will enlighten you about the cultural and history of the area.
Your tour will start at Penang Road, the most important thoroughfare in Penang during the British Colonial era. Penang road is an important shopping street closed to traffic and hosts a big variety of pubs and restaurants.
Then, you will depart to New World Park Food Court for some free time to taste some the delicious local specialities. Choices may include Bak Kut The (herbed pork soup), curry noodles and Chinese dumplings. While at the centre you can shop or spices and special sauces!
After a delicious meal and some shopping, your tour continues to discover more about the spices the locals use to enrich the flavours of their dishes in the Lim Wah Thai food market before ending your day for more shopping at the Little India market.
At the end of the tour, you will be taken back to the port plenty of time in advance before your ship’s departure.
Please Note: The meal at Hawkers Market is to be paid locally when food is served, food prices range from MYR5 to MYR15 per dish (as guideline only)
- Depart from Port Spice - 15 minutes
- Visit Spice Shopping at Penang Road - 60 minutes
- Free time for lunch at New World Park - 60 minutes
- Depart to Lim Wah Thai Local Product - 15 minutes
- Visit Lim Wah Thai - 45 minutes
- Depart to Little India for more Spice Shopping - 20 minutes
- Visit Little India - 60 minutes
- Return to the Port
Tour Operates: When Cruise Ship is in Port. (Not suitable for Embarkation/Disembarkation Days)
When does my tour start?
- This tour generally departs in the morning but can be fixed to suit your cruise ship porting times.
When do I return to port after my tour/excursion?
- The tour is 5 hours in length and you will be returned in plenty of time for your cruise ship departure.
All tour times are based on Shore time (i.e. local time, - not ship time)
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :George Town, Penang, Malaysia
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 45 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.