First TOSHOGU and Whole Landscape of Mt. Fuji
Shizuoka is a city where the first SHOGUN Ieyasu was buried on top of KUNO mountain. His mouseleum is still placed there silently. Once in a year, on April 7th, an annual ritual is held for him at TOSHOGU shrine.
To the shrine, rope way (sky way gondla lift) runs every 6 minutes, so it takes only 10 minutes to meet the holy mauseleum. After meeting him, you can visit the TOSHOGU museum located just in front of the shrine, where you can see the 'golden clock sent by Spanish King to IEYASU' which is one of the national treasures of Japan. The important swords or armours are also shown there.
On coming back to NIHONDAIRA by ropeway, you should visit 'YUME terrace' where you can see the panoramic view of Mt. Fuji and the MIHO Pine groves on the Pacific Ocean. The landscape there is magnificent!
per adult from
What's included :
- English speaking professional guide
- Private tour
- Hotel pick up and drop off
What's excluded :
- Public transpotation fare:bus 1160 yen taxi:8,860 yen from SHIMIZU port :15,000 yen (for 3 hours )
- Entry/Admission - Nihondaira Ropeway
- Entry/Admission - Kunozan Toshogu Shrine
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Nihon Daira Yume Terrace, 600-1 Kusanagi, Shimizu-ku, Shizuoka 424-0886 Shizuoka Prefecture
Located on the top of Nihondaira Ptateau, it commands fine view of Mt. Fuji together with the Pacific Ocean. Inside the YUME terrace, a café serves visitors fresh coffee or tea with some sweets containing MATCHA green tea. From there, you can also observe Mt. Fuji.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Nihondaira Ropeway, 597-8 Kusanagi Shimizu-ku, Shizuoka 424-0886 Shizuoka Prefecture
From the NIHONDAIRA station, there is a ropeway connected to another top of the mountain, where you can see TOSHOGU shrine. In about 5 minutes, you can get to the top of the mountain.
The cargo runs every 20 minutes. ( car fare: \1,100 for round trip )
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Kunozan Toshogu Shrine, 390 Negoya Suruga-ku, Shizuoka 422-8011 Shizuoka Prefecture
This is the first TOSHOGU shrine, which was built by the order by the first SHOGUN, Ieyasu Tokugawa. After he retired from the governing job in 1605, he moved back to his memorable place SHIZUOKA. Then, when he passed away in 1616, he was buried on top of the mountain. Just in about one and half year, the whole buildings were completed under the severe unstoppable works by thousands of carpenters, craftsmen and worriors' dedication. Ieyasu became deity to protect all his governing places and watch out for the western part of Japan so that powerful leaders could not invade his places. ( \800 including museum fare )
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Asty Shizuoka, 47 Kuroganecho, Aoi-ku, Shizuoka 420-0851 Shizuoka Prefecture
There are many fancy and casual restaurants and local products which are good for gifts inside the building. Located in the JR station buildings, you don't have to worry about the leaving timee for SHINKANSEN.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Shizuoka Station, Kuroganecho, Aoi Ward, Shizuoka, 420-0851, Japan
Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- Shimizu port
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.