Finding the Lost Generation in Montparnasse Walking Audio Tour by VoiceMap
Amid the bustle of modern Paris, I invite you to step back into the past. During the 1920s, Montparnasse was home to Ernest Hemingway and his long-suffering wife Hadley, F. Scott Fitzgerald and his troubled wife Zelda, writer Gertrude Stein and her companion Alice B. Toklas, the tormented painter Amedeo Modigliani and his muse Jeanne Hebuterne, singer and actress Kiki de Montparnasse, photographers Man Ray and Berenice Abbott, and bookseller Sylvia Beach of Shakespeare and Company.
Their lives criss-crossed in the cafés and bars they frequented, many of which survive to this day. So when you need a break, you are never far from a watering hole where you can sketch or scribble your own masterpiece.
The tour is ready whenever you are and the audio plays automatically at exactly the right time and place using your smartphone's GPS and the VoiceMap mobile app, which also works offline.
per adult from
1 hour 10 minutes
What's included :
- Lifetime access to Finding the Lost Generation in Montparnasse tour
- VoiceMap Application
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
What's excluded :
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Luxembourg Gardens, Rue de Medicis Rue de Vaugirard, 75006 Paris France
One of Paris's most beautiful and popular parks, The Luxembourg Gardens were created in the 17th century by the French Queen Marie de Medicis as a setting for her palace. The palace is still there and now houses the French senate.
Pass By: Musee du Luxembourg, 19 rue de Vaugirard, 75006 Paris France
The Musee du Luxembourg became the first public art gallery in Paris in the late 18th century. In the 1920s, it exhibited Impressionist paintings and contained many sculptures by Rodin. Today it hosts temporary exhibitions.
Departure Point :Port-Royal, 75005 Paris, France
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 2/21/2019 - 12/31/2020
1/1/2021 - 10/22/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :Thierry Formoso, 14 Rue de l'Odéon, 75006 Paris, France
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.