Finding birds, bugs & mushrooms in Nose Town
A mushrooms paradise
I will introduce strangely mushrooms. They are on the later course of hiking, on a forest road. A thick bunch of trees is a place of treasures and paradise for mushrooms, moisture in moderation, rich leaf mold made from fallen leaves and rotten trees. Mushrooms count on these things for their nutrition. Watch out rotten trees and piled fallen leaves along the course. They are the houses for strangely cluster of mushrooms.
Forest of cherry blossom
Late March ~ early April, a high season of cherry blossom. At Forest of cherry blossom, you will see 150 year old higanzakura and realize how huge this cherry blossom is.
Parenting of brown halk-owl and common owl
May ~ July, you will be able to observe wild birds parenting on Noma's huge zelkova, from their nest-building to fledging.
Noma Town's specialties
Arinashi coffee, a house blend drip coffee. Honey made from chestnut blossom. Shishi-furuto, a sausage made from wild boar meat. Good for beer.
per adult from
What's included :
- Transportation charge (round ticket for train and one way ticket for bus)
- Coffee and/or Tea - Arinashi coffee at Zelkova museum
- Snacks - One owl shaped cookie for a souvenior.
What's excluded :
- Lunch - No restaurants on the hiking course.
- Bottled water
This is a day trip from Osaka Umeda to Nose Town and we will hike on Arinashi-no-michi road through satoyama, rice & vegetable fields and a forest road of a mountain. Entire route 7 kilometers and around 3 hour walking.
A season of brown hawk owl and common owl parenting at Noma's big zalkova (a goal of hiking) from May to July. Even without owls, you can still enjoy seasonal viewings of satoyama. The Nose people are relaxed and mild-mannered, so it is easy for you to communicate with them.
Meeting time 9：30 am at Tourist Information Center, JR Osaka St. ~ Osaka Umeda St. 10:00 (about 1 hour ride) ~ Myokenguchi St. starting point of hiking (around 11:00am) ~ Arinashi-no-michi road ~Pizza stove (break time) ~ Smiling Cherry (150-year-old and a huge cherry tree. Lunch time break) ~ Forest road climbing up a steep hill~ Arinashi peak 336m (break time) ~ Noma's big zelkova (Goal. Arrival time around 1:30~2pm) ~ Zelkova museum (Arinashi coffee & owl cookie)~ Inachi to Myokenguchi St. by bus (around 15 min.) ~Myokenguchi St. to Osaka Umeda by train (1 hour ride. Arrival time around 5pm)
*In the case of rain, this experience will be canceled.
*Do not forget to bring your lunch!
• Nomano Okeyaki, 251-1 Nomainaji, Nose-cho, Toyono-gun 563-0133 Osaka Prefecture
Departure Point :Osaka Station, 3-chōme-1-1 Umeda, Kita Ward, Osaka, 530-0001, Japan
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Qualification age : From age of 8
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.