Fes guided Medina and panoramic day tour
We would help you explore the beaten heart of Morocco and its surviving Empire. On Fes Cultural Day Tour we would introduce you to the real Moroccan Culture hidden in every corner of Fes the Old City.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick up
- Drop off Hotel/Riad
- Professional English- French-speaking driver
- Professional English- French-speaking Guide
- Transportation (air-conditioned vehicle)
What's excluded :
- Personal items
- WALKING TOUR INSIDE THE OLD MEDINA
09.30 am start our Fes Guided Tours by picking you up from your Hotel or Riad in Fes, and driving you towards the captivating sites and old monuments of the ancient city. First on your Fes Guided Tours, your professional Guide will take you to the ancient core of Fes City, The Old Medina, where we would be wandering through the old narrow streets, lined with small traditional shops selling the most mesmerizing handicrafts and Moroccan handmade items. Next on your Fes Cultural Day Tour, we will keep walking through the alluring charm of the medina, with its colourful streets and rich tapestry of life, to explore the largest and oldest Tannery in Africa, The impressive “Chouara Tannery”, where real leather is being naturally shaped and coloured. Then, we will continue our Fes Guided Tours to The ancient schools of Fes, starting by the oldest university in the world, founded in 859 AD by Fatima Al-Fihri. The school is an incredible example of the spectacular Arab architecture. We would be also visiting some old Quranic Schools as: “Medersa Bouanania,” and “Medersa Al-Attarine” which was created by Sultan Uthman II Abu Said. Afterwards, we would be visiting the magnificent “Zaouia Moulay Idriss II”, the spectacular sacred Shrine of the founder of Fes Medina. We will move next on our Fes Cultural Day Tours, to The “Nejjarine Museum” of wooden arts & crafts to enjoy seeing the decorated tiles, music instruments and intricately carved cedar eaves overhead.
- A TOUR OUTSIDE OLD MEDINA
After a remarkable “Fessi” Tagine for lunch in a traditional local restaurant, we would leave the ancient part of the old city, and start discovering other magical wonders. First, we will take you through the marvellous Royal Palace, with its tremendous Seven Gates, perfectly made with the most captivating copper, adorned with creative marble work, spectacular Mosaic, and stunning Moroccan tiles. Moving to the old Jewish Quarter “Mellah”, and Jnane Sbil Gardens, to have some fresh air and admire the beautiful centred Moroccan fountains, perfectly made to represent the extraordinary Moroccan charm. Fes Guided Tour ends by visiting the northern and southern protective towers of Fes, to get the most fascinating panoramic view of the whole old Medina. Back to your Hotel or Riad.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will contact the client to confirm pick up time and pick up location
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.