Fatima Nazare and Óbidos Full Day Tour from Lisbon
Spend a full day in Portugal’s most charming and historic small towns during this day trip from Lisbon. Travel to the medieval town of Óbidos and marvel at the 45-foot high walls that were built to protect the village. Visit UNESCO World Heritage Site Alcobaça and see its famed monastery before heading to Nazaré for lunch. In Batalha, see the famous stained-glass windows and Royal Cloister. Finally, spend time in the small town of Fátima, one of the most important religious pilgrimage sites in all of Europe. Enjoy a scenic drive on the way back to Lisbon.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Basilica de Nossa Senhora do Rosario de Fatima
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Depart from Lisbon in a comfortable bus and head to Óbidos, a medieval town built in 1282 by King Dinis for Queen Isabel on their wedding day. See the 45-foot high walls of Pousada do Castelo, designed to protect the village. Continue on to Alcobaça to visit the Alcobaça Monastery, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the largest church in Portugal. Admire the stunning Cistercian art and the ornate tombs of King Pedro and his beloved Queen Inês.
Stop for lunch in colorful Nazaré, a traditional Portuguese fishing village. If time permits, head to Sítio to take in the stunning views of beach and ocean. Then, kick off the afternoon with a trip to Batalha Monastery, another World Heritage-listed site. Admire the beautiful stained-glass windows and the Manueline-style Royal Cloister.
Next, travel to the town of Fátima, home to the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Fátima, a center of Catholic faith and a globally important pilgrimage destination. Housed in the basilica are the tombs of Lúcia, Francisco, and Jacinta, peasant children who, despite threats, never denied witnessing the apparition of the Virgin Mary. The most important part of the shrine is the Chapel of Apparitions and schedule permitting, you may be able to attend mass here. On the way back to Lisbon, travel on a scenic route through a rich agricultural area.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9am
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.